Illinois Babies
Options

Where are you getting h1n1 vaccine?

I am in Lake County and my pediatrician and OBGYN do not have it yet.  Anyone having luck finding it?  It is spreading through our community like wildfire right now (cases in both my kids preschool classes etc).

Re: Where are you getting h1n1 vaccine?

• Options

Hey ladies,

I've been searchign far and wide for some information on H1N1 vaccines, and this is what I've found:

https://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/10/city-to-offer-free-h1n1-swine-flu-shots-at-6-sites.html?obref=obnetwork

https://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/health/1839366,CST-NWS-flu22.article

It is information on vaccine clinics that Cook County has set up in the area, and some limited info. on the other counties.  DuPage had set up an appointment line for residents but apparently all they have left right now is FluMist (which pregnant women cannot have).  

Basically, they want you to start by talking to your healthcare provider about getting it there, or else go to one of these free clinics.

I'm starting to feel like everyone in the world is getting this vaccine except the people who are at highest risk! :P

• Options
    imageCFCND07:

I'm starting to feel like everyone in the world is getting this vaccine except the people who are at highest risk! :P

You can say that again!  I'm due in early December, which is exactly when my OB has been told to expect their shipment.  Meanwhile, front page of the Daily Herald today was a picture of a kid in intensive care who turns out to be in my 5 year old's Kindergarten class!

I've been told the Cook County Clinics are for Chicago residents only (so far).  It's all well and good for them to tell people to try their doctors first, but none of the doctors have received any!  If anyone learns of a by appointment shot clinic that is actually screening for risk level rather than doing First Come... please post here!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ladies,

I went to one of the the 1st H1N1 vaccine clinics yesterday and got my shot.  They're NOT turning anyone away and you DON'T have to bee a Cook County Resident!  So, go if you can!  They had like 1,500+ doses and were handing out numbers at the door.  Get there around 8 am for the clinic that starts around 9 am and you'll be out the door in no time (at least at mine).  I am 14.5 weeks and feel just fine today (physically and mentally!) about my decision.  These clinics will be held three times per week I think until they run out.

• Options
    They're offering them in my school for free. I think every tues, thursday, and sat. Check it out. Google it. Wilbur wright college.
  • Options
    does anyone know if the shots they're giving at the chicago clinics are thimerosal-free?  i'm thinking about going because i might not be able to get them through my doctor for months...
  • Options
    No they are not.  However, it's better than nothing!
  • Options
    Check the health dept.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone...the kids and I are all vaccinated now!  Phew. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"