2nd Trimester
Options

How much is your childbirth class?

My hospital charges $150, and I'm wondering if that's normal?

Re: How much is your childbirth class?

• Options
    My hospital charges $85 for a 4-week class for both of us, and my insurance covers $50. :)
  • Options
    Our hosp charges$40 but were not taking them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

110, for both me and DH. Ours is a weekend intensive - so all day both weekends and includes our hospital tour.

We're also taking a pets and babies class that is $35 and infant cpr which is $25 per person. 

• Options
    Mine are $90, 2 pre-natal classes, 2 birthing classes and a breastfeeding class.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think mine was either 135 or 150 and it all day Sat
  • Options
    Our hospital offers a range. The one we're considering is $65 for the couple and meets for 10 hours. There are others that are much more pricey. What does your include?
  • Options

I think mines about the same... what hospital are you delivering at?  I'll be at Virginia Hospital Center.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is $100 for a 12 hour Childbirth class. If we want Infant Care/CPR, that's another $100. Breastfeeding is a $35 class.
  • Options
    We are taking the Child Birth Express class, 2 classes (4 hours each) for 65.00 per couple
  • Options
    My hospital charges $90 for me and DH. It is about a 9 hour course, I have noticed that class time varies a lot too (that might affect the cost too).
  • Options
    My 12 hour childbirth class is $185. Breastfeeding is $50 for a 2.5 hour class. Infant & Child CPR/first aid is $40 for a 3 hour class. Insurance doesn't cover any of it. 
  • Options
    The childbirth class I signed up for was $90 which includes two 4-hour sessions and a hospital tour.  I also signed up for a breastfeeding and a baby care basics class which were each $30.
  • Options
    Mine are free for anyone and everyone...you know, as long as they or their parnter is pregnant.
  • Options
    Free! We'll be taking an infant CPR class at a different hospital that we'll have to pay 10 each for, but I think that's totally worth it!
  • Options
    Our hospital charges 65.
  • Options
    At the hospital it was over $100, but my OB's office does a one day one for $30 (guess which option we're taking?)
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options

Ours is free for a six-hour Saturday childbirth class.

The 3 hour evening breastfeeding class is free too.

CPR?  That costs about $80, and I haven't signed up yet, but plan on it!

• Options
    Mine is $100 for a 12 hr class.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    $80 for a 6 week class.  I have to figure out if our new insurance is going to cover it.
  • Options
    $250 for Bradley classes with DD which was 12 weeks for 3 hrs one night a week.  Expensive, yes, but worth every penny.
  • Options

Hey there-

I'm doing the express at INOVA Fair Oaks for the same cost.  Which one are you considering?

:-)

• Options
    My hospital charges $175 for the Prepared Childbirth Class. I believe breastfeeding and infant care are separate. I'm actually taking a Bradley Method class that is $350 for 10 3-hours classes.
  • Options

imageCapitolBaby:
    My hospital charges $150, and I'm wondering if that's normal?

Mine charges the same price.  I am only taking the breastfeeding class for $50. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Classes for lamaze, breastfeeding, and more are all free if you're in the "Teddy Bear Club" which is free to join.  Don't know how it works - just got a packet at my first OB appointment and called a number to sign up.  I guess I'm lucky.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My childbirth class + cpr/safety class together came to $180.
  • Options
    $185 for a 7 week course that includes hospital tour and BF segment.  Freakin' DC - so expensive.  It's through my dr's office though, the hospital ones are slightly cheaper, I think. 
  • Options
    My hospital does not charge for birthing classes, breastfeeding classes and free-clinic as well, and several other baby and prenatal-related classes.  We're very fortunate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!  Ours was $25.  We wouldn't have gone if it was that much.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine was free.  I did it with the Health Department where I live.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our Preparing for Birth which is 5 wks long is $95.  Prenatal Nutrition is $30, and then the breastfeeding is $30 as well.  DH gets off easy...the daddy class is free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"