Minnesota Babies

Hi. Not pg yet, but have a ? re: Methodist

Hi!  H and I have just started ttc and are hoping for a bfp sooner rather than later.  I currently see doctors at Park Nicollet in SLP and I'm wondering if anyone has experience delivering at Methodist. 

I'll most likely use them since that's how I have my insurance set up and where my doctors are.  However, if a few haven't had good experiences, I'd love to hear recommendations for hospitals in the west metro.

thanks!

Re: Hi. Not pg yet, but have a ? re: Methodist

• Where are you located?  I'm not pg yet either, TTC for our first since May (have 1st appt with an RE next Friday).  I've heard from others that Ridgeview Hospital has a very nice birthing center in Waconia.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in Minnetonka.  Thanks for the tip on Ridgeview
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't deliver at Methodist, but I did an internship there a couple of years ago and thought it was a very good hospital.

I'm also in Minnetonka and delivered at Fairview Southdale since that's the only hospital my OB goes to.  I had an awesome experience there - both in L&D and post-partum.  DD received excellent care in the special care nursery. 

• I delivered my baby at Methodist. I had a wonderful experience. My Ob-gyn is at Park Nicollet in SLP so I wanted to deliver wherever she was going to be. I really have no complaints about Methodist.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also see an OB at SLP Park Nic and delivered both my girls at Methodist and only have wonderful things to say about them.  Both experiences were wonderful.  The only thing I didn't love was that if your child ends up needing to go to the NICU (which my 1st did) they do not have one but on the upside - they send the babies to the NICU at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis which is amazing and took wonderful care of both my DD and me.  They do have a level 2 nursery which is wonderful.  I can only say great things - my younger DD was a planned c-section and I was there for 4 days and it was great.  Was in the hospital for less than a day with DD#1 since she had been transfered and I wanted to go be with her.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Hi! I'm an RN and work at Methodist labor and delivery..I'm trying to conceive now. I am planning on delivering there. Many of our nurses have delivered their babies at Methodist. I love almost all of the OB physicians and midwives. I think we give really good care there..
  • I am going to deliver at Methodist too. I have been with Park Nicollet for years, and have a great NP, so I wanted to stick with her for the pregnancy. I have only heard good things about Methodist, since a close friend delivered her second there. 

• I'm glad to hear so many have had good experiences there.  Thanks so much for sharing!! 
  • Hello

I had my baby at Methodist hospital last November.  We had a great experience there.  We were debating between Southdale and Methodist.  We live closer to Southdale, but I have always gone to Park Nicollet so I wanted to go to Methodist.  Once I am pg with our second child I will choose to go to methodist as well.

Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"