Special Needs
Options

waiting for lab results sucks!

Max had labs done on wednesday and the Dr called this morning and said, most likley there was a lab error, but we had to go this morning and do new labs STAT. The lab said the results should be back w/ the dr's office in about an hour.. It's been about an hour, but the office is out to lunch right now.

I want this pit in my stomach feeling to away... I want that phone call NOW.

imageimage
Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Re: waiting for lab results sucks!

• Options
    ugh I'd be uneasy too.  Hopefully everything is alright.  Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Awww man. What were the labs for in the first place? Keep us updated! Thinking of you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The labs are normal, it was a lab error.

We did labs b/c he is sick all the time and might have food allergies. His platelets came back very low and when I looked up causes for that I freaked a lil.

He is still sick and I think we need to go back to the Dr's tonight, but at least his CBC is good! 

imageimage
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Options
    So, the platelets are a concern?  Im' sorry to hear that.  Sounds like everything else was normal, though, like his iron?
  • Options

Yeah, low platelets (since I played dr google today) is what keeps you from bleeding too much, so low platelets can cause internal bleeding and brain hemorrhage. One cause of low platelets in leukemia, it's not the only reason of course, but when we did the history and physical w/ the allergist she specifically asked about a family history of leukemia so when I read that about the low platelets I freaked.

BUT it was a lab error, his levels are normal!

We did however find out he has the flu (after testing neg 3 days ago) so yeah, it's been a fun day....

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"