Pregnant after a Loss
Options

totally weird craving...

For scrapple!! I absolutely LOVE the stuff and just got this totally weird craving for it today...along with dippy eggs and really buttery toast. I'm pretty sure that aside from the toast that's a totally off limits while pregnant meal.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: totally weird craving...

• Options
    What is scrapple?
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    is it off limits? I eat it a lot! my mom made it every weekend this summer when we were at their beach house. I love me some scrapple with ketchup yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Haha I wish I knew...it is pork scraps that aren't used by the butcher made into a loaf mixed with cornstarch and stuff. It sounds gross but is sooooo good.

Here, I found this!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

• Options

imageget_over_yourself:
    is it off limits? I eat it a lot! my mom made it every weekend this summer when we were at their beach house. I love me some scrapple with ketchup yum!

No it's probably not off limits, just not my healthiest of options haha!! The craving is getting stronger though...I now am craving a scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwich. My stomach is growling...

• Options
    imagecoraandmike:

Haha I wish I knew...it is pork scraps that aren't used by the butcher made into a loaf mixed with cornstarch and stuff. It sounds gross but is sooooo good.

Here, I found this!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

We have something similar in this area called goetts. Same concept-we just mix it up with oats instead of cornstarch. Usually fried and served with breakfast but some people make other stuff with it. That does sound yummy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetta

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Oh Cora!!! Im in Maryland too. But I am a Jersey Native. I cant even think about touching this stuff!

We Jersians eat Pork Roll :)

• Options

Scrapple! LOL... I tried that once. I had a college boyfriend who was from PA and his mom said I had try scrapple. It was ok.

This morning we went out for breakfast and I ordered basically what was eggs benedict with eggplant instead of meat. It wasn't until I got my food in front of me that I realized, what a minute, I shouldn't have poached eggs OR hollandaise, what is wrong with me?? lol... I just traded eggs with DH since he had scrambled. Durrr. 

• Options
    imageCanonMom:

Oh Cora!!! Im in Maryland too. But I am a Jersey Native. I cant even think about touching this stuff!

I LOVEEE pork roll! I like scrapple better, but I do love pork roll on sandwiches, in omelets, out of the wrapper...hahhah 

• Options

I wish I hadn't read on to see what it was...going to come over and throw up on you nowSleep

Not sure what that smiley is supposed to be doing, but I've decided it is gagging Big Smile

• Options
    imageCanonMom:

I'm a former Jersey girl too, LOVE the pork roll!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"