1st Trimester

Fainter line this morning than yesterday

I had one test left, so of course, I used it this morning.  Well, the line is fainter this morning than it was yesterday morning, by quite a bit.  Why do I torture myself like this??  I am so scared of an impending miscarriage now. 

EDIT:  the tests have all been frer. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: Fainter line this morning than yesterday

• Are you taking your temperature?  Do you still have pregnancy symptoms?  When I was having my miscarriage I knew 4 days before I started bleeding b/c I was slowing losing my pg symptoms, my HPT line was fading, and most of all on the third day my temperature dropped completely below cover line.  Try not to think about it, go buy some more tests (preferably the same brand you used this morning), and test again in two days.  Good luck!
  • Oh and whatever you do....DO NOT ask the girls on the miscarriage board.  I made that mistake when I knew I was miscarrying and they were soooo nasty to me.  It's a huge pity party over there and if you're not positive that you're having a miscarriage they will rip you to shreds.  I literally cried when I read their replies and deleted the thread.  I was less upset when I actually started bleeding.

FYI, since this pg started I test a lot and there have been days that were lighter lines than others so stay positive. 

• Loading the player...
  • I asked my OB when I went in for my confirmation appointment at 5w1d if the darker the line the more HcG, and she said no. She told me that the darkness of the line had nothing to do with it. If there's a line at all, even faint, your pregnant. Hope this helps your nerves. Good Luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have any insight on the lines becoming lighter, but I hope everything works out for the good for you.  Take care.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same thing happened to me this morning... I am just going to stay positive and blame it on drinking too much water in the middle of the night....... as long as I keep seeing two lines no matter how faint Im happy!
  • Don't worry too much and stop temping if you are doing that. Your temps can really fluctuate when pregnant and it will only drive you bonkers seeing a temp drop.

Tests can have difference dye amounts in them so I wouldn't be too concerned. If you need more reassurance, call your doctor.

• That happened to me with this pregnancy. I took about 5 tests, and all had varying degrees of lightness/darkness. I waited 2 days and then took one and it was very dark. It helped that since I had a previous m/c i got bloodwork done to confirm rising levels. Good luck!
  • When I was first testing I had a few faint lines with internet cheapy tests and did some reading and found out that some of the internet tests just have less dye in them then some commercially available tests. Then I went out and bought a few more tests (different brands) and retested. The new tests popped up positive.  I hope it is just the test, if you are worried see your healthcare provider.
  • I wouldn't be worried.  Maybe you had more water to drink last night and it is diluting your urine a bit.  Also, I dont know if this would help, but if you are going to have a miscarriage, there is nothing you can do to stop it.  If it happens, it happens, so there is no use stressing yourself out over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuaBear:
    I wouldn't be worried.  Maybe you had more water to drink last night and it is diluting your urine a bit.  Also, I dont know if this would help, but if you are going to have a miscarriage, there is nothing you can do to stop it.  If it happens, it happens, so there is no use stressing yourself out over it.

I know, it is just a bad feeling.  I was planning on telling my grandma and aunt today, but now I don't want to at all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This happened to me and I was nervous too. Go to peeonastick.com and read about it. It is totally normal. I also went right out and got more tests and took them and they were darker. Once you have the hormone in you that makes it turn positive it takes a long time for it to go away even if you do have a m/c...which, I am sure you aren't. I know it's hard but try to just enjoy your BFP!! Congrats!
  • im sure you are ok. wait a day or two and take a digital to make sure all is still well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No more tests and if you are taking your temp stop! I did both of these as my temps were dropping and the test got fainter after they got darker and I freaked the heck  out of myself.  Call your Dr's office Monday and just tell them you are pregnant and would like to get hCG's done. They'll test you twice within 48 hours and see if they're doubling, it's the only way to know for real. HPT line's don't equate to more or less hCG
  • imageLizlu:

Oh and whatever you do....DO NOT ask the girls on the miscarriage board.  I made that mistake when I knew I was miscarrying and they were soooo nasty to me.  It's a huge pity party over there and if you're not positive that you're having a miscarriage they will rip you to shreds.  I literally cried when I read their replies and deleted the thread.  I was less upset when I actually started bleeding.

FYI, since this pg started I test a lot and there have been days that were lighter lines than others so stay positive. 

Good Advice!

• imagemaeghan21:
    No more tests and if you are taking your temp stop! I did both of these as my temps were dropping and the test got fainter after they got darker and I freaked the heck? out of myself.? Call your Dr's office Monday and just tell them you are pregnant and would like to get hCG's done. They'll test you twice within 48 hours and see if they're doubling, it's the only way to know for real. HPT line's don't equate to more or less hCG

?

Was everything okay with you,then? ?I am assuming you are talking about your current pregnancy.?

• Take a digitial test, that way you don't have to judge lines and all that.  Its either Yes or No.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKMLP:

imagemaeghan21:
    No more tests and if you are taking your temp stop! I did both of these as my temps were dropping and the test got fainter after they got darker and I freaked the heck  out of myself.  Call your Dr's office Monday and just tell them you are pregnant and would like to get hCG's done. They'll test you twice within 48 hours and see if they're doubling, it's the only way to know for real. HPT line's don't equate to more or less hCG

Was everything okay with you,then?  I am assuming you are talking about your current pregnancy. 

Yup! I listened to the girls on GP on the Nest andput my thermometer away and hid the last of my HPT :) Everything has been fine, heck my hCG's actually quadrupled 13DPO to 15DPO so the tests aren't any indication!

• If it makes you feel any better, I took a $ Tree test after I got a BFP on a digital, and nothing appeared.  It doesn't matter how dark the line is; a BFP is a BFP.
  • I had faint lines for an entire week, some lighter than others. I didn't get a nice dark line until around 5 weeks. With DS the first test I took was very dark so I was a little worried too.Try not to think too much into it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't stress..the same thing happened to me when I took a 2nd test 3 days later.  That was when I was 5 weeks.  I am 11 now and we got to hear the heartbeat a few days ago! I know it is hard not to stress about everything though! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"