1st Trimester

Anyone use Dollar tree tests and have this happen?

I am 10 DPO today and I tested this morning with FMU with a dollar tree test.  I waited three minutes or so and the control line came up and then nothing , so I went back to bed.  I came back an hour later and there was a faint pink line in the test area.  I waited another hour and took another dollar tree test.  The control line popped up and then about five minutes later the faint pink line appeared in the test area.  I think the time limit is 10 minutes for the dollar tree tests.  I could see an evaporation line occurring, but probably not with two tests.  I think I will buy a FRER tonight and test tomorrow AM.  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: Anyone use Dollar tree tests and have this happen?

• I dont think Id trust a Dollar Tree Test.. i say go buy a regular one =) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took one and the double lines came up right away. I was 5 weeks at that time.
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend used dollar tree and did not use FMU, took the test at night, nothing than an hour later it had a line.  The next morning she took a digital and it came up positive.  I mentioned this to my dr. a few months back and they said anything after 10 mins, is an evaporation line but you took a second and it came up in 5 mins.  So...I don't want to get your hopes up.  Take a digital in the morning.  Good Luck. 
  • I took dollar tree test and they are just as good as any other test.

The time limit is 10 minutes. I also had this happen with me so I just waited a few more DPO and then the line came up right away.

• imageLovedWifey:
    I dont think Id trust a Dollar Tree Test.. i say go buy a regular one =) 

Dollar tests are supposed to be very accurate at detecting HCG.  If I am pregnant, I would be very early. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's nothing wrong with $tree tests. It sounds like you got a bfp, just like I did last night (was it the kind that you use a little doppler?). The faint pink line came up after about 5 minutes. I ran out and bought the fancy tests and yep, I'm ku. Congratulations!
  • I think you should wait and test again in a couple days.... 

photo b968ca6b-5a0b-49a1-93ac-7776aa6ee34b.jpg
    *Parker Ryan*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd try another test.  I got my BFP with an Equate test (Wal Mart)... it was the cheapest thing next to a Dollar Tree test and I didn't use FMU... I was in the forth week when I tested.
  • imageLexi0402:
    There's nothing wrong with $tree tests. It sounds like you got a bfp, just like I did last night (was it the kind that you use a little doppler?). The faint pink line came up after about 5 minutes. I ran out and bought the fancy tests and yep, I'm ku. Congratulations!

The tests were the dropper kind.  I hadn't ever used them before.  I used FRER with my son, but I was about 15 DPO when I tested with him.  Which test did you use next?  Congrats!! 

• I used the $ Store test at 8DPO (FMU) and 9DPO (FMU) and got negatives.  But I toss them after 5 minutes because I would be toot tempted.  In the afternoon at 9DPO I started getting sick and took a FRER in the afternoon.  It came up clear as day, I did not get the $ Store one to show me a positive until 12DPO (FMU).  Good luck!
  • imageKMLP:

imageLexi0402:
    There's nothing wrong with $tree tests. It sounds like you got a bfp, just like I did last night (was it the kind that you use a little doppler?). The faint pink line came up after about 5 minutes. I ran out and bought the fancy tests and yep, I'm ku. Congratulations!

The tests were the dropper kind.  I hadn't ever used them before.  I used FRER with my son, but I was about 15 DPO when I tested with him.  Which test did you use next?  Congrats!! 

I got a digital, an ept, an extra generic poas (pink dye), and a little dipstick from earlypregnancytests.com.
  • Pretty much same thing happened with me. I didn't see a line at all, and actually went back probably after 10 minutes and I could see the faintest line. Once all the pink left the window, I could see it. It was definitely pink, not an evap line. I took a FRER the next morning & it was plain as day BFP.
  • I took a Dollar Tree test on a Friday, waited the 10 minutes and gave up.  Took one on Saturday, same thing.  Took one on Sunday and the absolutely faintest line showed up so I ran out and took a FRER, which was also positive.  I still had Friday's and Saturday's in the trash so I looked at them and wouldn't you know, those had the faint lines too.

My point is, I personally think you got a BFP but I'd follow up with another type of test tomorrow :)

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I figure it's worth the 8 bucks and got one from the drugstore
  • Sounds like a BFP to me! I tested with a dollar tree and it was VERY faint after about 15 min. Then I peed on a digital and a FRER and they were both positive! I tested a few days later with another dollar tree and it was still very light even though the other tests were pretty dark. I think the dollar tree tests always seemed a little lighter than the others...GL!
  • I used a dollar store test and kept getting a negative but my period was still late. I used a FRER and got a positive. GL
  • Save yourself a headache and get a digital one.  The dollar store ones don't detect the HCG hormone as soon as the newer ones do. The IU/L is higher that's why their cheaper.  You pretty much have to miss a period first.
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • An hour later is too late but the one within 5 mins sounds promising. I'd test with a FRER just to feel more comfortable :)
  • I used $tree test and got a negative a few days prior to my period. I tested the day after I missed and got a faint line. It darkened over time. I took a 2nd $tree test 30 min later and got another faint line. That afternoon I bought a digital and it tested positive right away. Sounds like you probably do have a positive...wait again until the morning and test with a digital. GL!
  • Take a FRER and a digital tomorrow with FMU, but it sounds hopeful! =)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I had that happen, so I just went and bought an FRER and got a definite positive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tested really early like at 10 dpo and the same thing happened to me with both pregnancies.  It actually took more time for the pink to fade than the 10 minutes, but there were lines both times.  I tested the next day just to be sure and I got the results within the timeframes.  So the first day I was excited but held back until I could retest the next morning for sure.  I definitely believe the problem was with testing so early.  However it did detect it accurately both times.
  • This happened to me with both of my pregnancies, I dug the dollar store tests out of the garbage hours later and there was a line, so I tested with a different brand and they were positive!  Hope this is the case for you, good luck!
  • This is what happened to me.  The first one I took I was ready to throw away but I took it apart and saw the line.  The next morning I took another one and there was a little darker but still VERY faint line.  I took a digital that afternoon and it came back positive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"