Boston Babies
Options

College nursing student and pregnant!!

I recently found out my fiancee and I are expecting #2 in early june 2010. I am an Lpn nursing student. Come to find out my due date is about three weeks before graduation....Anyone have any insight on this? Are they going to make me withdraw from my program??

Re: College nursing student and pregnant!!

• Options
    I am not a nursing student, but I was a graduate student at the time in dairy food science. It became a bit of a give and take scenario. Many of my duties were taken away because of the risk with certain chemicals and machinery, and then I was given tasks in their place that involved no risk, such as labeling. I do not believe they can make you withdraw, unfortunately, I had to put a break and won't be able to defend my thesis until after I deliver, probably in the spring. That however has more to do with not being able to go into the lab for progress meetings due to H1N1 being present and the delay on the vaccine. My one bit of advice....check all of the chemicals that you work with, do not depend on your superiors to do it for you, to make sure that they are safe for use in pregnancy. Good luck!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  A few of my classmates had babies while we were in nursing school and at my school they were very understanding and supportive.  I think it will depend how much time you need to take off after the baby.  One of my classmates came back within a week of giving birth....unbelievable!  I think the only factor would be how much class or clinical you would miss, you'll just have to talk to them and see if they will work with you.  It will all work out though....good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"