3rd Trimester

37 weeks and only half a centimeter dilated!

Hi guys

Today was my regular checkup and my dr checked me and told me i am only half a centimeter dilated! and on top of that I am GB positive! Any one else only a few centimeters dilated? and GB positive. I am hoping by next tuesday to be atleast 2-3 centimeters so i am up for any remedies to help!

Re: 37 weeks and only half a centimeter dilated!

• So glad you posted this as I am feeling a lil depressed. Just saw my Dr. an hour ago and I am 37 weeks and "closed and firm"....she said I will probably watch my delivery date come and go......yay.........not.

• Um, I'm over 40 weeks and zero cms dilated.  If you find a "remedy" for this, please share.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This isn't something OBs practice (my midwives suggested it) and it isn't exactly pleasant. But you can take 2000mg of Evening Primrose Oil and insert it into your vagina at night. It is supposed to soften and help efface the cervix. Don't worry about the dilation number. The number you want to change the most is effacement. You can stay dilated for weeks.

It's something you can try and is considered safe after 37 weeks, when you are full term.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 37 weeks too and I'm a finger tip as of yesterday.  I have to admit I was hoping for a little more. 
  • You have three weeks before you're due! Why are you so anxious to dilate?! Also, being dilated early doesn't indicate you'll go into labor early, and not being dilated doesn't indicate you'll go overdue! Relax and accept that most normal, healthy pregnancies are 40-42 weeks long!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last week at my 36 week visit, I was a fingertip and thinning. I've had BH all week so I'm eager to see if I have made progress this week.
  • No progress here either.  Closed cervix.

This however is making me slow down my nesting.  I have been putting off getting my suitcase ready and whatnot because I have this lingering feeling that I will not go before due date.  Bad assumption, I know!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't even believe you are checking your dialation at 37 weeks.  With my DS I waited until 39 weeks, at which point midwife said no progress and I'd probably go to 40 weeks. Two days later, but water broke and I delivered at 39 weeks 2 days. 

You can be dialated for weeks and still deliver after your due date. It really doesn't mean that much.

• I'm 38 weeks and am only a fingertip. 
  • I just want progress not in a hurry but i dont want to be overdue. Doesnt sex also a big help in dilating the cervix?
  • I am due at the end of the week with NO progress.  Be happy for the little you have!!
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • imageSawyerplus1:
    You have three weeks before you're due! Why are you so anxious to dilate?! Also, being dilated early doesn't indicate you'll go into labor early, and not being dilated doesn't indicate you'll go overdue! Relax and accept that most normal, healthy pregnancies are 40-42 weeks long!

Yes This.  What's the rush?  Wouldn't your baby be considered 3 weeks early at this point?  RELAX.

• lol no dont want the baby early i just want progress. I see so many of us almost due and overdue with nothing being dilated
  • imageSawyerplus1:
    You have three weeks before you're due! Why are you so anxious to dilate?! Also, being dilated early doesn't indicate you'll go into labor early, and not being dilated doesn't indicate you'll go overdue! Relax and accept that most normal, healthy pregnancies are 40-42 weeks long!

This exactly.  Being dialated really doesn't mean anything.  I was 4cm with DS for the last MONTH and he wasn't born until his due date, although the doctors kept telling me "any day now!"  Or you can be 0/0 and have your baby the next day. 

But if you want to try something, I recommend sex.  Can't hurt, right?  :)

• 37 weeks is not 3 weeks early, it full term.

• Some OBs may consider 37 weeks to be full term (though I thought it was 38), but that doesn't mean the baby is ready to be born. There are many health benefits to your baby if it stays in until 40 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it makes you feel better:  I'm 39+ weeks and 1 cm dilated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am over 40 weeks and I am only 1/2-1cm dilated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"