South Florida Babies
Options

poll: baby's birth date

Bumpies, do you have a preference for what day your baby is born? A significant date that has some meaning for you that you want to "aim" for? Are there any days you want to avoid? A certain date you want to give birth by? A certain date you want to pass before you give birth? If so, why?

(Mommies can answer too if this applied to you at the end of your pregnancy!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: poll: baby's birth date

• Options

I would love for her to be born on her actual due date, December 7th, but really any date within the first two weeks of December would be fine. I really want a December baby because DH's birthday is in October and mine is in November, and I am a sucker for silly little patterns. Having her born on the 7th would also be super cool because the number 7 has a lot of significance for me/us. It's always been my lucky number - my b-day is November 7th and our wedding anniversary is 07-07-07.

I don't want to go past December 14th. I feel like 10 days is already cutting it pretty close to Christmas Eve and Christmas and I really want to have a breather between giving birth and celebrating the holidays with my family. Also, I know no matter what, her birthday will get overshadowed a little bit by the holidays, but at least 10 days is a nice cushion to let her have "her" day before people are already celebrating Christmas hardcore. My ob won't let me go past 41 weeks, so if I haven't given birth by the 14th, I suppose that's the day that we would induce or section.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm into astrology and I really wanted Alexis to be a Pisces.  My mom and 2 of my cousins are Pisces and I like that sign.  Her due date was well within Pisces, but since I had been having contractions for so long I was convinced she would never make it.  I went to see my OB on a Tuesday and he said he wanted to induce me b/c of my blood pressure and his next day at the hospital was Thursday - first day of Pisces.  So it worked out :)  
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My due date was April 21st. I kinda thought I'd have her around April 15th for a tax day baby... but when I started contracting at the end of March I was just hoping to make it to April at all! The only day i did NOT want was an April Fools day baby... and what do you know, my damn water broke at 5am on April 1st!!!! And since I was 3 weeks early, no one was believing us when DH was e-mailing friends to tell them the baby was coming that day! LOL! Gotta love my little April Fools baby!
  • Options
    Dont worry too much about Emma's birthday being too close to Christmas, Alex is 5 days after, and so far it hasnt posed for any problems as far as parties and gifts, he hasnt been jipped yet! LOL. This year will be the first time that we celebrate his birthday before Christmas as I am doing a joint party for the boys (Max is Dec 3) With Alex, I didnt really care when he came, I just wanted him before my due date (Jan 8th) and before the new year so I could have a tax deduction! With Max, I wasnt too concerned either. I thought it would have been neat for them both to share their astrological sign, but Max had a plan of his own. My due date with him was Dec 26 and he was born on Dec 3rd!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Diego was due on January 18 but he decided to join us on December 31. So far is being great having a Dec 31 birthday and I am sure that when he is older he is going to have a blast. 

With Sofia since it was a schedule c-section I loved the date my dr picked for us. March 24. Jorge birthday is the 21 so it would've been nice for him to have his daughter born that day but I left it up to god but Sofia wanted to be pulled out the 24..lol

• Options
    Well, I would've loved for Abby to have been born on the 22nd or 23- My dad and grandpa shared Jan 23, my sister March 22, my cousins are on June 22 and january 22 and July 23, I'm on April 23!  Alas, she was born on the 8th... which isn't too bad, because her cousin was born on May 8... I'm due March 7 this time around... hoping she's born on March 8 (which is also my Abuelo's bday!!!)
  • Options
    Oh, and abby's bday is the day before DH's, so it's cute to have them so close together!  I REAAAALLLY don't want to go into labor before February 28!!  My cousin (who is like my brother) is getting married Feb 27 and i really, erally don't want to miss the wedding... even though it's going to be outside and on the beach (blech, 9 months pregnant, outside? with sand??  i'm only doing this because i love him so much lol)
  • Options
    My due date was May 15th. May 14th is dh's late grandmother's bday (she passed 10 months before Abraham was born and we were really close). So I kept thinking that it was too soon to deal with her bday and him being born the same day being that she had just passed away. Anyhow, I just didn't want him to be born that day. Then when my water broke and I went in I kept thinking "he could actually be born on cinco de mayo, that would be kinda cool when he's old enough to drink for his celebrations". He was born May 4th though. So yeah those were my only two thoughts with that lol. One sentimental, one kinda stupid. Also, dh's bday is in May (25th though, I knew I wasn't going to make it that far), and our wedding anniversary is the 31st. So May is a busy month for us now!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Her due date was July 12th...I would have liked that because DH's birthday is the April 11th and mine is Feb 13th...so it would have been 11, 12, 13....and our anniversary is April 12. But then my induction was set for 07/07/09...so she was supposed to be born on 07/08/09 which would have been a really cool birthday! But instead, we got July 6th...oh well! LOL
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My due date was 10/27 but I was put on bedrest for preterm labor and I was terrified of giving birth on 9/11. That's controversial I know because a lot of people look at that date as new beginnings and new life, but to me it's too sad of a date to celebrate if I don't have to. I really wanted an October baby anyways so I'm glad I made it to 10/24!
  • Options

Yes, my doctor picked the date of January 5th to induce me...which happens to be my fathers birthday so I happily agreed!! :)

-j

• Options
    imageRNjack:

Yes, my doctor picked the date of January 5th to induce me...which happens to be my fathers birthday so I happily agreed!! :)

-j

Ooh that's my wedding date, an awesome date ;)

• Options
    MH, BIL, 2 SIL, and their dad were all born on the 13th  (different months).  We were hoping our kids would follow suit - but didn't work out that way.  Eli was born on 19 and Chelsea was born on lucky 7.  Baby U's due date is 2/15/10 - so we're hoping he'll come on the 13th or 3rd.
  • Options

I would love for her to be born November 15 since that's my dad's birthday (he passed away earlier this year), and it's actually the date I've had stuck in my head ever since I found out I was pregnant. My actual due date is November 21st. I wouold prefer for her to be born by or before then since I would like to recover and get used to having a baby in the house before all the crazyness of the holidays.

• Options
    Yes and he did!! Due date was 09/06 and I wanted 09/01 because that is our dating annviersary and also that happened to be Labor Day LOL and low and behold, he was born on that date! LOL :)
  • Options

mady's edd was 4/29/08 - which was my birthday! i really wanted her to be born on my birthday so we can both share a special day for the rest of our lives...

however, i had to have a c-section - they wanted me to go in on 4/17/08 (which was my grandmother's bday who had just passed away on 4/6/08), i really really did NOT want her born on the my grandmother's bday so they gave me the option of 4/18 or 4/22 (the 22nd is my fil's bday and if she was gonna be born on anyone's bday than i would have preffered it to be mine)....so we chose 4/18/08 as her birthday!

it's so traumatizing when you have to chose her bday (as in my case with a c-section) since you want to make sure you are making the right decision.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

oh and to add my dh's side of the family are basically holiday babies:

dh is july 4th

mil is dec 31st

fil is april 22 (which sometimes lands on april)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

She was born on her due date which made me happy since it was the day I was looking forward to the whole pregnancy.  She is born two days before my birthday and I thought it would be so wonderful to be born on my bday.  I just wanted to have her before September so she would make the cut off for schools.  I can always hold her back and have her be one of the oldest if I don't think she is ready - but it's much harder to push them into the grade early.  Now she can be ready for school and be the young one in class - just like mommy. 

I just knew I wasn't going early.  I wasn't worried about it at all.  I knew she was going to make me wait.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My edd was 08/08 which I was excited about because it would have been exactly one year after we got engaged. I was hospitalized on 6/27/09 at 34 weeks due to pre-e. A week later on July 4th the doc came in and told us we were having a baby... never did I expect to have a 4th of July baby but it was pretty exciting and my family is excited for the fireworks on his first birthday!!!
  • Options
    I don't have a preference on the date. April is the busiest month for birthdays in my family. I think we have 6 birthdays including my own so this baby will just add to it, or be born on someone else's birthday!
  • Options
    August is not a very busy birthday month for us so i had no preference for the date...i just didn't want to run into september since we have too many sep. birthdays!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"