Oregon Babies
Options

La Leche League meetings

Has anyone attended a LLL meeting?  I'm hoping to make it to the NE meeting this Thursday at 10am, but if I can't get out of work I'll be there next month before our little guy arrives.  I'm just curious how the meetings are structured, if they're always the same or if the topics change depending on who attends?

Re: La Leche League meetings

• Options
    I've been to two meetings and they did have topics to discuss but were very casual. All of the women had been going for quite some time and were eager to share their tips, tricks and advice and were thrilled that I came before I had my baby. I recommend doing this to everyone who wants to even just give BF'ing a shot. I've heard so many people say they had a difficult time and I was hell bent on knowing what to do ahead of time if I ran into any issues. These meetings and the advice I received was invaluable.
  • Options
    I haven't been to one because I had a great doula that was very pro-BFing anf full of knowledge.  I have heard great things though, so have a great time!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  We're going to a Breastfeeding prep class at Providence Portland tonight so it will be nice to compare if I make it to LLL before the little guy arrives.
  • Options

Yes, I go whenever I am able to.  There are 4 topics that they rotate through, but the meetings are very casual (at least the one that I go to) and depends on who is there and what questions are being asked.  There is a lot of good information that gets passed along.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"