Oregon Babies
Options

When should I enroll in a class?

I think we are just going to sign up for a regular birth prep class at St. V's. When should I sign up?  I don't want to go too early, but I also don't want to wait too long and be uncomfortable and HUGE. How far along were you when you signed up for a class? Do any of you have other classes that you would reccomend from St. Vs?

Re: When should I enroll in a class?

• Options
    I was just over 31 weeks when we started our first class at Prov Portland (I'm 33 weeks now).  All the other pregnant women in the class are between 28 and 36 weeks along, so it seems like anytime in the 3rd trimester is good.  I'm glad I did it now and not much later so we can practice the pain coping techniques over the next few weeks!  We're also taking Breastfeeding prep and Newborn Care this week (recommended by my doctor) so I'll let you know if those are any good!
  • Options

I was wondering the same thing!  I already registered for the breastfeeding and newborn care class (but am not taking it until January 23rd, lets hope baby isn't too early!) 

My OB's clinic offers classes as well, and they recommend taking them around 28 weeks.  I'm seeing him on Thursday, so I was planning to get signed up then!  If I can't do their classes, then I'll probably do this one:

Childbirth Preparation Wed, Dec 2, 2009 
    Openings Left:  10
    Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
    Conference Room 12 Lower Level

It is Wednesdays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"