daycare costs in nola/metairie — The Bump
New Orleans Babies

daycare costs in nola/metairie

hi - my husband and i are seriously considering moving back home to nola in a year or so (knock on wood, our house can sell by this time next year...). anyway, just trying to scope out cost of living, including daycare. what ranges have you seen for an infant or toddler, 5 days a week? tia!

Re: daycare costs in nola/metairie

• It varies. My friend's son is at an in home for 125.00/week, and the one I plan to send DD to is 600.00/month. They both include meals and snacks.

I've also seen some over 700.00/ month.

Good luck with your decision. :)

• OMG - daycare in the Seattle area starts at around $1,500/month. Why did we have to move to this crazy expensive city where I don't see my Saints games every weekend! ;) Seriously, thank you for the info - it's a big help.
  • We pay $255 a week...for three kids. :D It's a center, a preschool. I love it. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • image pea-kay:
    We pay $255 a week...for three kids. :D It's a center, a preschool. I love it. :)

That is awesome!

Where do they go?  I'm shopping around for day care and it's been brutal!

• It's in Algiers, because that's where we live. So unless you live on the West Bank, it's not really realistic. I think it's $120/week for one kid.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • image pea-kay:
    It's in Algiers, because that's where we live. So unless you live on the West Bank, it's not really realistic. I think it's $120/week for one kid.

Bummer, I'm in Metairie.

Thanks for replying though.

Your boys are so cute!

• I live in Metairie. The place I used to send my boys (also in Metairie) was about $1200/mo for both boys (so roughly $600 each) for FT care.
  • image new2neworleans:
    I live in Metairie. The place I used to send my boys (also in Metairie) was about $1200/mo for both boys (so roughly $600 each) for FT care.

Would you mind telling me the name of the place?  I'm about to choose a day care and want to make sure I've looked everywhere.
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards