Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Do you have PMS symptoms if you don't ovulate?

I'm really confused, of course I was very regular (29-33 day cycles) until TTC 2 months ago.  This cycIe I spotted 11 days after AF(never happens in my cycles) and think I may not have ovulated.  I had EWCM, but not until like around day 22...I took a HPT the day I was supposed to start (5 days ago) and it was negative. Still waiting for AF this month and have some PMS symptoms, like sore boobs.  Just wondering if I didn't ovulate, would I still have PMS symptoms?

A side note, I've been wanting to start temping, but I get up at 5:30 on weekdays and don't want to do that over the weekends...do you have to do it as soon as you wake up?  

Thanks!

Re: Do you have PMS symptoms if you don't ovulate?

• Options

I'm sorry, I can't help with the PMS without ovulating question.  The only "PMS" symptom I generally get is sore boobs, but that's not really PMS for me - it's just a result of ovulateion.

As for your temping question - yes, you have to do it as soon as you wake up.  What I do is set my alarm for 5 every day and just go back to sleep after temping - that way you can be sure to do it at the same time every day - that is very important.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can still have PMS even if you do not ovulate. As for charting you could set your alarm for 530 on the weekends take your tempt and go back to sleep. fertilityfriend.com explains everything about charting and Take Charge of Your Fertility is a great book for TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello! I will just add that while everyone is different, I have only noticed true PMS symptoms the 1 cycle (of 3 so far) that I actually ovulated. My 2 annovulatory cycles I didn't have sore breasts or cramps, which were noticable the 1 O cycle. Everyone can be different though, but since you asked that's my experience.

For temping, agree with PPs-- a lot of us just set an alarm for consistent temping time but go back to sleep.

• Options
    Some women actually have spotting around O, so that is also possible. I was never one who paid attention to PMS symptoms so I am totally lost on that question.  I definitely would recommend temping though, and just go back to sleep after you temp on the weekends.  It's not so bad!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"