Phoenix Babies

OBs and Hospitals

My husband and I are going to start TTC in November, however I'm still trying to find a good OB.  I've also been looking at which hospital the doctors deliver at.  When do you go on tours of hospitals?  Is now too early since we aren't pregnant yet?  This will be our first and I just want to make sure that we have a good experience!

Re: OBs and Hospitals

• To find a good OB, ask for referrals from people you know and trust. Friends are the best way to find a good doctor. You wouldn't recommend a bad doctor to your friend right? If you have friends who have kids, and you are familiar with their births, ask how their doctor was. I took a chance on my current OB but it worked out. I knew no one in the area we moved to (and I just moved across town) and no one I knew was familiar with the hospital I'll eventually deliver at. Again, I'm okay with this all and it worked out. You can change docs if you see one and don't like them. You can't keep changing once you get pregnant though.

I don't think hospitals will let you take tours. I know the hospital I'm delivering at specifically says the tours are for women who are so many weeks along. Check out websites though. There is a wealth of information on most hospital's websites to get a decent idea. Another option is take a look at a rating system. My health insurance provider allows you to select up to three hospitals and compare them based on a standard vaginal delivery. I can look at how many deliveries they do a year, how many of those are c-sections, etc.

• What part of town?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"