1st Trimester
Options

Does your prenatal make you nauseous?

I swear every time I take it I feel sick. I started taking it with food and its still the same icky feeling.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Does your prenatal make you nauseous?

• Options
    No, but I gag everytime I take them though.  Lucky me!
  • Options
    Nope.  I take mine after dinner and it's been good so far.  Hope that doesn't change.  Are you taking too much folic acid?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your OB, they should be able to recomend ones that won't make you feel bad.  Mine gave me different samples to try to make sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tried a bunch of them while TTC with the same problem.  The only one that has not made me nauseous at all is prescription Prenate DHA.  It's been wonderful for me.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Keep it in the freezer.  It'll thaw out around the intestines, where most absorption takes place anyhow...that way you dont have the nasty burps and what not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i dunno i think im sick sick all the time Ick!  but i have noticed it worse after i eat breakfast (thats when i take it) but i dunno like i said i just feel sick a lot
  • Options

My OB said to take it before bed or I would feel like crap all day.

What time of day do you take yours?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagesynchrosally:
    Nope.  I take mine after dinner and it's been good so far.  Hope that doesn't change.  Are you taking too much folic acid?

I don't think so. I'm taking the recommended amount. I actually need to go get more, so I might change brands. 

• Options
    imagemjm123:

My OB said to take it before bed or I would feel like crap all day.

What time of day do you take yours?

I take mine with lunch. Thats a good idea though. 

• Options
    I've been taking my prenatals for quite some time but now I'm wondering if the reason I've been feeling off is because I've been taking my vitamin in the morning with breakfast (I used to take it at lunch). I haven't taken it yet today and I feel fine. I'll take it tonight after dinner and see if that helps. 

• Options
    imageSurfBabe900:

imagesynchrosally:

I don't think so. I'm taking the recommended amount. I actually need to go get more, so I might change brands. 

Many PNVs have 1 mg of folic acid.  You only need half that amount.  I discovered that my B100 complex ALSO had 1 mg of folic acid.  Turns out, that is WAY too much.  Try another brand maybe as pp suggested.

• Options
    imagesynchrosally:
    imageSurfBabe900:

imagesynchrosally:

Many PNVs have 1 mg of folic acid.  You only need half that amount.  I discovered that my B100 complex ALSO had 1 mg of folic acid.  Turns out, that is WAY too much.  Try another brand maybe as pp suggested.

Thanks! I'm gonna go run and check the dosage in the bottle. 

Thanks Ladies!

• Options
    Only if I don't take it with food. I also take mine at night. It's just the Target brand too.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My midwife said that I could take two flinstones if the prenatal make me feel bad.  Try that!!
  • Options
    Yep, mine make me feel terrible, no matter when I take them. I finally broke down last night and bought some Flinstones with iron. Much better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"