Maryland Babies
Options

Gestational Diabetes testing?

I've heard of people getting the tests where they had to fast, to determine gestational diabetes, but my OB group hasn't mentioned any testing yet. Is this standard for everyone to do or only women at high risk? I'm already almost 6 months, so I thought I would have heard mention of it by now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gestational Diabetes testing?

• Options
    NM-I just looked it up and apparently it's done for all women between 24 and 28 weeks.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that I dont recommend fasting for the 1 hour test as that is a sure fire way to fail it.  Make sure that you eat a high protein diet on the day of the test.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageanonsouthernbell:
    I just wanted to say that I dont recommend fasting for the 1 hour test as that is a sure fire way to fail it.  Make sure that you eat a high protein diet on the day of the test.

Ditto this- they give you this nasty glucola stuff to drink and instruction on when to drink it (you have to drink it all w/i a certain amount of time.) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I actually ate for my 1-hour test and had no problem at all.

• Options

like mentioned above the test is usually done around 7 month. The doctor will tell you to eat but eat light. Go low on the carbs (dont avoid them totally). To me they said a toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast is fine for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"