Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sweet potato fries?

Anyone make these in the oven? How did they turn out? Do you have a recipe?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sweet potato fries?

• Options
    I just buy a bag in the freezer section
  • Options
    I have.  I bought the already sliced sweet potatoes from Trader Joe's (or maybe it was Fresh and Easy...).  I just tossed them in some olive oil and baked them at 375 until crispy.  I add whatever seasoning sounds good at the time.  Sorry no "formal" recipe...they turned out pretty good, though!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I fry mine... but they taste delicious!  My recipe is peel and slice a sweet potato and put them in hot oil.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    just wash and peel the sweet pototoes, cut into fries, lightly drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, bake for ~20 minutes at 350.  enjoy!
  • Options
    I tried several times and was never happy with them.  Then I found a bag of frozen ones at Costco's and I am HOOKED!!!!!!
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    My DD and my DH love them. I just peel and slice into long strips, then toss with a bit of olive oil and chili powder. Bake for about 20-30 minutes max
  • Options
    DS is obsessed with these, so I make them every other day. Peel the sweet potato and slice them the size of french fries. Spray a baking sheet with Pam and Pam the sweet potatoes until well coated (you can use a little olive oil instead of Pam, but make sure everything is coated so it doesn't stick. Sprinkle with cinnamon (or salt if you prefer) and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. Sooo yummy.
  • Options
    I buy the freezer bag too. For DS I just wash a sweet potato, stick it with a fork, and nuke it for 4 minutes. Then I cut up little squares and he freaking loves it. It's lasts for a few meals too.
  • Options
    I'm lazy and just buy a bag of them at the grocery store. Alexia makes yummy sweet potato fries that are low in sodium.
  • Options

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
    serves 4-6
    1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (preferably the easy release kind).
    Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.
    Place the sweet potatoes into a sealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
    Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm

They are delish!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"