Birth Stories
Options

Any "signs" before L&D?

Before you started having and feeling the contractions, before your water broke, before you started your "day of labor"....what did you feel/experience the few days prior?  Anything different?  Any "signs"?

Re: Any "signs" before L&D?

• Options
    I did not experience anything different in the way I felt if that is what you mean. I had light contractions for 3 days before they induced me. I think a week before I was really into "nesting". I wanted to clean and bake.. it was really strange lol.
  • Options
    nope. Nothing. I went to bed on a Wednesday night sure I was going to have to be induced (was already over a week overdue without any of the supposed tell-tale symptoms) and woke up Thursday morning in labour.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't experience anything out of the normal.  But the day I went into labor the Braxton Hicks were coming all day so I knew something was up.  I went into labor that night.  GL!

• Options
    with my DS, started having light spotting/discharge on Friday.  slightly heavier on Saturday.  Saturday evening, got online...realized I was having "bloody show".  I read online that you can go into labor 24 to 48 horus after bloody show starts.  It had been about 48 hours.  Told husband before going to bed that we would be having our son by the next day.  Woke up at 3:00 am w/ contractions.  Got to the hospital at 5:30 am, was 6 cm dilated and had a baby by 10:50.
  • Options
    A few hours before I headed to L&D, I was feeling extra uncomfortable. My whole body was just uncomfortable and didn't feel right. Then I started to spot & contractions started on the way to L&D
  • Options
    I had a sick, achy feeling for a few days before I went into labor. But nothing obvious. The night before my water broke I woke up to one severe contraction that lasted a min or two. That was just out of no where and went away, but 9am that morning my water broke - 7:43pm DS was born!
  • Options
    With DS, I felt wierd all day - not hungry (but not sick) and just - odd. Kind of like a cloud about to burst with rain, or like the day before AF shows. Like I really suspected I might be pre-labor but was still surprised when my water broke b/c I didn't believe I was actually right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"