Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Sewickley Valley Hospital

Has anyone delivered at Sewickley Valley Hospital?  Please share your experiences good or bad, thanks.

Re: Sewickley Valley Hospital

• Options
    That's where I plan to deliver.  I was at first a little torn b/c I thought I wanted to go to Magees, but my OBs only go to Sewickley.  Anyways, I did a bit of research and I have only heard good things.  A couple girls I work with delivered there and they loved it.  So, I'm hoping everything goes well.  Not to mention, it is close enough to the city, that god forbid something isn't right, I can get there quickly or get baby there quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No personal experience, but I have heard good things. Best wishes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've not been there but I do know they have a very nice mom's group (I think it's called Stork Bites) that new mom's can meet post-partum to share experiences and get breastfeeding support.  I don't think you have to deliver there to go to it either because one of my clients went with a friend to it and she said it was a wonderful group.

Amy

• Options
    I am jumping in pretty late here-but I had my baby at SVH 5 months ago and it was wonderful!  The nurses cater to your every need, and the lactation consultants are super supportive.  One, named Edie, even calls you at home to check in on you if you were having troubles in the hospital and she is so helpful and supportive.  The food isn't so bad either :)  You can just pick up the phone and order anything you want, I miss that service! 
  • Options
    I delivered my 2 year old there via c-section and am pregnant with number 2, due in May.  I really enjoyed the nurses and lactation consultants - especially Edie. And she also called me at home to find out how everything was going with my daughter!  Looking forward to the birth of our second!
  • Options
    I'm delivering there in January.  I've heard really good things about it from everyone who's delivered there.  
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"