3rd Trimester
Options

Putting utilities in kid's name??

I am appalled. I didnt even think that something of the sort would even be considered "legal", yet I hear and know of people who do this all the time and that its "no big deal"? Surely I cant be the only one who thinks this is terrible especially in this day in age where identities are stolen/etc.

Re: Putting utilities in kid's name??

• Options
    whaaat? I agree with you, I would never even consider that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    That is horrible. I know a girl who was in big trouble with creditors because her low-life mother did this to her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my SIL is a social worker and one of the kids she represented had like 5 credit cards in her name taken out by the mother. RIDICULOUS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesdc06:
    whaaat? I agree with you, I would never even consider that!

Ditto...

What's the purpose? I'm guessing b/c the parents' credit sucks?

• Options
    It's not legal.  I used to work for the utilities company and we would run a check on social security numbers before starting service in someone's name.  If the applicant was under the age of 12, it would let us know and we would refuse service.  It's disgusting what people will try to get away with.  We had people try starting service in their infant child's name, in their deceased parents' names, and so on. 
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    i agree.. its def horrible that a parent would do that.. i know a girl whose credit is all messed up now bc when she was little her mother did that to her...
  • Options

it's awful, but it happens all the time.

A lot of the low income families my mother services through Head Start have this going on. a lot of people don't mind ruining their child's credit before they're even old enough to know what's going on.

• Options
    I thought this was fraud?
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

imagetwh2006:
    I thought this was fraud?

It is.

Just because you created/gave birth to the person does not make it legal. My friend knows a girl who used her 2 kids social insurance numbers to get credit cards.

My brother went to buy a house last year and found out that our dead beat sister across the country used his identity to get a cell phone and didn't pay the bill. Unfortunately it is not the first time she has done this to people in our family but she left the country. She will be in for a surprise when we find out she is back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"