Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C bowel issues...possibly TMI

I had my D&C on 9/25, baby was measuring 6w, I was 9w.  I haven't had much bleeding, light flow the day of, then 3 days of spotting, now barely light flow with a clot or 2 daily.

My main issue is my bowels, and I although I'm assuming this is normal, I wanted to see what others thought.  I have been constipated since the D&C.  I'm not taking any narcotic pain meds, so that isn't it.  I wasn't taking my PNVs for the first 5 days because they interact with the absorption of the doxycycline antibiotic I was given (ironically, my PNVs had regulated my bowels before & while I was pg). 

I have this crazy weird gas pains, I'm wicked bloated, especially in my lower abd/ute area.  And here is the TMI:  I have this sharp pain in my rectum area, kind of like what lightning crotch was while I was pg, but in a different area.  And it hurts like hell to go #2 because I get bad ute pains and then bad diarrhea-like cramps.

I'm sorry if this is gross....I just can't figure it out, and I know a lot of you ladies on here have had D&Cs, so I wanted to know if this was normal.  If it is, fine, I can deal, I just wasn't sure.  It wierds me out that I am barely bleeding, yet still in a lot of pain.

TIA and sorry if TMI!

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

Re: D&C bowel issues...possibly TMI

• Options

Total TMI coming your way--I didn't have any constipation problems, but I had a shooting pain in my anus that would literally shoot me right out of a chair for a few weeks. I don't know if it was gas or what, but it.was.awful.

My sister said she had the same issue after she had both of her kids and it lasted for a month or two. I got off "lucky" (if you can call that lucky) with just a few weeks.

imageimage
  • Options

I had the same thing! I called the Dr's office in a panic 5 days post D&C and they told me it was nothing to be worried about. Told me things were moving back to where they were supposed to be which may cause the discomfort and the gas. The pain was so painful especially when I got up from a seated position too! Climbing stairs? Forget it! I had it for a couple days and then it went away.

Sorry you are going through this as I know it hurts like hell. I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh good...glad (unfortunately) that I am not the only one.  MSC - that is the EXACT pain I am talking about...we had literally just fallen asleep last night and I woke up suddenly screaming and scared the sh*t out of DH.  And I agree Nadine...def worse with stairs.  Ugh...can't wait till this is over!

Thanks for you help ladies, as always, much appreciated!

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

• Options

Anytime you need honest words or butthole talk, I guess I'm your woman. ;-)

xoxo

imageimage
  • Options

I didn't have any of the awful shooting pains you girls did, but (TMI) it did hurt for a while to go #2. After a few weeks it was back to normal, though.

BTW, you and your DH are so adorable in your siggy pic. 

• Options
    Oh my goodness I thought I was the only one! It was awful, I could hardly sit! I did take something to make me go. It was really painful at the time but it helped! I did it twice and the pain went away. I do have to say I am still having constipation issues but I am hoping things will eventually get back to normal. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"