Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

2 year old killed today by sibling by accident :o(

Watching the local news tonight and a 2 year old was accidentally shot and killed by a sibling who had found a hand gun in the houseSad  This just breaks my heart.  My dad is a hunter and I can not stand seeing all the guns around the house.  I told dad I would like to see a lock on the gun cabinet the next time we go to stay with him.

Re: 2 year old killed today by sibling by accident :o(

• Options

I have to agree with that. The first thing I ask the parents of the kids homes the boys want to go to is if they have guns in the house.

• Options
    I hate guns, I really do. I wish they had never been invented. yeah, yeah, guns don't kill, people do blah blah... but it's much easier to accidentally kill someone with a gun than a knife or slingshot or something. ugh.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm always astounded by the things that happen to people/children that are completely preventable. A pregnant woman and her NINE MONTH OLD baby were killed because they got into a car accident on the highway and neither of them were belted in. People really should think about these things. I don't know how no one could think about leaving a gun not locked up with ANYONE else in the house. That poor poor family. Ugh.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Options
    My DH just went over to his brother's house and he (my BIL) was showing him a gun. ?My DH asked if it was loaded and he said no, DH checked the chamber once BIL handed it to him (as a correctional officer that's what he's trained to do first thing when handed a gun) and it was loaded. ?DH was REALLY pissed and told him he was an idiot. ?BIL has 3 kids in that house. ?The gun was in his bedroom.?
  • Options

My DD finds everything somehow.  And literally, just yesterday she got something and my DH said, and that is why we will NEVER have a gun in the house.  It's just too scary. 

And I've never bought the security issue...a lot of times you see it kept in a closet or something.  Shoot, even if it's in your nightstand, in the panic of that moment, if there is someone in your house, are you really going to have the mental function to get the gun and use it?  The statistics are just too sad...that a lot of the guns meant for protection end up killing or injuring small children. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is why I don't want my husband buying a hand gun. He wants one for protection, but it scares the crap out of me. Especially with Quentin's?curiosity.?
  • Options
    These stories are heartbreaking and infuriating. DH and I have guns in the house (he is a police office, and I have been a licensed handgun owner for 10 years), but we are in the process of securing our weapons. We DO plan to keep them accessible TO US, for security purposes, but it is inexcusable for them to be 'available' to children.
  • Options
    Stories like this are really heartbreaking, especially since it can be avoided. My dad was a huunter and his gun cases were always locked and up high. When I had Andrew, he got a huge firse safe cabinet thing that housed all of them and had 3 different locks to get into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"