2nd Trimester
Options

Book recs?

I really haven't read much lately, and I kinda feel out of the loop.  Anyone read anything good in the past few months?  

I've already read the Twilight series, so please, let's avoid the S.Meyer recommendations... and, while it did take me back and make me temporarily nostalgic for high school times, I wouldn't consider it along the lines of what I'm looking for.  

Rather, I'm looking for something intended for a slightly more mature age...

Thanks, ladies! 

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Book recs?

• Options
    I'm reading Walking in Circles Before Lying Down.  I don't know who the author is though and the book is out in my car.  It's pretty good.  When I'm done with it I'm going to get the new Dan Brown book.
  • Options

imageALG29:
    I'm reading Walking in Circles Before Lying Down.  I don't know who the author is though and the book is out in my car.  It's pretty good.  When I'm done with it I'm going to get the new Dan Brown book.

I saw this book in the store the other day. What is it about? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I really haven't read much lately, and I kinda feel out of the loop.  Anyone read anything good in the past few months?  

I've already read the Twilight series, so please, let's avoid the S.Meyer recommendations... and, while it did take me back and make me temporarily nostalgic for high school times, I wouldn't consider it along the lines of what I'm looking for.  

Rather, I'm looking for something intended for a slightly more mature age...

Thanks, ladies! 

What type of book are you looking for? I just finished "The memory keepers daughter." It was good but deep. I am looking for something light hearted now.  

• Options
    If you don't mind having your heart torn out and stomped on, I can confidently recommend both of Jonathan Safran Foer's novels, "Everything is Illuminated" and "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close". So heartwrenching, and so, so good.
  • Options
    imageToesnthesandBride07:

imageALG29:

I saw this book in the store the other day. What is it about? 

It's kinda strange.  It's written like the autobiography of the main character who has had some hurdles in her love life.  She adopts a dog, her sister becomes her life coach, and then one day she thinks dogs start talking to her.  That's as far as I've gotten. 

• Options
    Dhamphir, is a vampire series that's a bit more mature than Twilight, but maybe not that much... my younger brother who reads everything set me on it. It's a 5 book series.  https://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dhampir/Barb-Hendee/e/9780451459060/?itm=1&USRI=dhampir I enjoyed it. Don't know if that's what you're looking for either though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Steve Berry writes some great historical fiction that moves along really quickly and just loosely based on historical fact.  Romanov Prophecy, Templar Legacy and The Amber Room all great.
  • Options
    I like all of Tess Gerritessen stuff she writes medical suspense novels. Also come back. Its a memoir about a mother and daughter its really good but sad.
  • Options
    I recommend The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron.  It's a really beautiful story with lots of layers set in 1950s Barcelona.  It has several love stories and lots of mystery and suspense.  If you look it up on Amazon you'll see a ton of positive reviews.  Happy reading!
  • Options
    the new Dan Brown, is very good. i highly recomend it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just read Black Hills by Nora Robets it was so good I couldn't put it down. Also A vision in white by Nora Roberts was good also. The 2nd book in that series comes out next month!
    imageimage
    Alivia Nichole Willow Nov. 9th 2007 @ 8:22pm 9 lbs 4 oz 20.5"
    Ian Robert March. 5th 2010 @ 6:41pm 9 lbs 1 oz 20.5"

Our blog http://rappfamilyof4.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"