Infertility
Options

how many embryos

For IVF #1 how many embryos did you transfer and did you do more for IVF #2?  Thanks!!

Re: how many embryos

• Options
    We transferred 3 for IVF #1.  If we have to move on to #2, we will only do 3 again.
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.  BFN.  There is no IVF #2 for us, but if there were, we'd do 2, knowing what we know from round one. If we do a FET, it will be 2.  There's a ton in my blog about the 1vs 2 decision we went through.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

IVF #1 = 2 (chemical pregnancy)

IVF #2 = 2 (chemical pregnancy)

FET #1= 2 (chemical pregnancy)

FET #2 = 3 (one took and split, resulting in identical twins)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We transferred 2 ok quality blasts for IVF #1.  We will be transferring ONE blast at a time hence forth, but they will be genetically normal so it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

For IVF #1, we transferred 2 good quality embies which resulted in a chemical pg.  For FET that we're in the midst of now, we'll transfer 2 embies again (if they survive the thaw). 

If we need to IVF #2, RE again will transfer 2 embies based on my young age.  GL to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We transfered 3 for my IVF#1
  • Options

Schoolsoutbride I love our blog! Thank you very much, it answered lots of my questions!

• Options

Congrats kimarino13 and thanks everyone for all the help!  GN : )

• Options

We are just beginning our first IVF cycle but we will transfer 2, because of my clinic's protocol,my dx, and age.  My RE suggested we just transfer 2 for our first. 

• Options

We put back 2 for IVF #1 and will put back the same amount for IVF #2 if we have that many.

• Options
    We transferred 4. If we have 4 to transfer this time we will again if that is what the doc advises. This is our last shot so we are going all in :)
  • Options

ps-  I kind of regret putting back one, though everybody seemed to think it was fine.  I probably would have done two if I didn't have a 3 year old at home (for a lot of reasons.)

Glad you found the blog helpful.  I don't think anybody really reads it anymore as it's just me moping...

• Options

ivf #1 (and only 1 due to finances) we transfered 2 perfect embies and 1 stuck!

RE, dh and myself were comfortable transfering 2 embies.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2.  I found it interesting that in the transfer room there was laminated 8 1/2 x 11 charts showing the risk of HOM on a key ring hanging just next to where the RE sits.  We looked at it after the transfer.  I suppose they use that if you consider going more than 2.  It was very interesting to see the rate of success and little variance between transferring 1,2, or 3.  
  • Options

IVF #1- we transferred three, froze two, miscarried triplets.

IVF #2- we will transfer two if we have them. The clinic we are with now has a policy of only transferring 1 or 2 in patients under 40.  

• Options
    we transferred 2 for both. We didn't start transferring more until IVF #4
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options
    imageBlissEverAfter:

We are just beginning our first IVF cycle but we will transfer 2, because of my clinic's protocol,my dx, and age.  My RE suggested we just transfer 2 for our first. 

this exactly...

SAIFW
    TTC since 2008 dx PCOS & MFI
    Clomid/Femara no "O"
    IVF #1 BFN
    FET #1 cancelled for biopsy
    FET #1.2 c/p, July 2012 c/p
    IUI #1 & 1.2 canceled
    IVF #2 ER 12/1, Freeze all due to OHSS
    FET #2.1 cancelled due to DVT risk, FET #2.2 Jan 2013
    my blog
  • Options

IVF #1- transferred 2

IVF #2- transferred 3

:( waiting to start IVF #3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Based on my age, the fact that our only diagnosis was MFI, and the clinic's standards, they would only transfer 1 or 2 in our first IVF. We transferred 2 embryos and it was successful. Both embryos stuck, so we're glad we were limited to 2. When (if) we go back to use our frozen embryos, we'll decide at that time if we want to put 2 back or just 1.  

TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

IVF#1 - 2 BFN

IVF#2 - 3 BFP, but still waiting on beta results

• Options

IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN

FET#1: Will be transferring 2 again

I'm 31 and borderline unexplained, so my RE recommended only 2.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    this is our first cycle and we will be transfering 2. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"