Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I can't tell if I love or hate...

Phantom fetal movement.  I know it's just gas or a twitch or something, but sometimes it feels so much like a baby kick.  I love it because that was the coolest feeling ever, but I also hate it because I freak myself out and think dear God am I somehow, unknowingly, 20 weeks pregnant?!?!

And before you tell me to POAS, I'm just finishing my period, so I know that's not the case, I just temporarily forget that when my phantom fetus kicks me.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: I can't tell if I love or hate...

• Options

I think we always had these spasms before.. just never knew that they felt like little baby kicks until we experienced that.  hehe

but I know what you mean.. they drive me crazy as well.

• Options

Hah.  I always wonder how many times I *thought* she was kicking me when I just had gas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so glad I am not the only one who has thought this.

DH and I decided not to use BC after DS was born and I just POAS on the first of every month just to make sure. Luckily our personal BC of EBFing has worked so far. Now when I have the phantom fetal movements I can rest easy that it was just whatever I ate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"