1st Trimester
Options

I think I am having a miscarriage...

I've had spotting since last Wednesday.  I had an appointment Friday and then one again on Tuesday.

Today I started having cramping with heavier spotting and now I have bright red and a lot...  

I can't get a hold of my doctor until tomorrow and I really don't feel like spending the night at the ER.  My doctor told me that at this point if I miscarry there isn't much they can do....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I am having a miscarriage...

• Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    Does your doctor have an answering service so that they can contact them in cases like this?  I know you don't feel like going to the hospital but maybe it would be a good idea.  It is better to know either way then to let it go till tomorrow. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go if I were you....
  • Options

I'm so sorry...I really hope you are not! Were you able to see a hb at your appts yet?

I thought for sure I had miscarried Monday morning - TONS of bright red bleeding and a huge clot...went to the ER and they did an ultrasound, baby was fine with a strong heartbeat... still on edge and waiting but so far so good...hopefully you have a similar outcome...t&p for you!

• Options
    so sorry. can you call you doctor's office and have the on call doc call you back to tell you what you should do? my guess would be to go to the ER but if you want to wait it out and are not in too much pain the that might be best. good luck. you're in my prayers.
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wouldn't want to spend the night in the ER either. Unfortunately, like you said, there isn't anything that can be done at this stage of the game, and I'd rather be warm and comfortable in my own bed if possible. If you think you can sleep, I would wait until first thing in the morning.

All that said, I know there are plenty of women who bleed quite a bit and even had cramping then don't miscarry.  I haven't bled much, but every time I saw blood on the toilet paper I was sure it was over... yet so far so good. Try to stay positive, if you can.

So it goes.
  • Options

just wanted to say my mom told me she actually bled a lot twice with my sister, so keep hopeful.  and take care!

• Options
    Im sorry, I would go to ease your mind. The stress isnt good
  • Options

imageAppro1:
    Does your doctor have an answering service so that they can contact them in cases like this?  I know you don't feel like going to the hospital but maybe it would be a good idea.  It is better to know either way then to let it go till tomorrow. 

No answering service.  My doctor is part of clinic at our county hospital.  I called the main hospital number was told I could either call 911 or go to the ER.  I am not in too much pain and I'd rather be home and comfortable then out at the county hospital for hours tonight.  I'll call the doctor first thing tomorrow and try to get in.   I spoke to my doctor yesterday and was told if I do miscarry though they were hoping I wouldn't that there isn't anything they can do if that is the case.  

Thank you for all your support and good thoughts.  I am trying to hope it's not a miscarriage... but something are easier said then done.  

I am going to go lay down and try to get some rest.  

• Options
    Good luck hun.  My T&P are with you.  Try and get some rest and I hope everything will be better when you wake up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're right, there's nothing they can do for you at the ER. I went because my doctor told me to during my last miscarriage and they just wanted to do bloodwork and had no interest in checking for a heartbeat with ultrasound. I put my clothes back on and went home where my husband could comfort me in my own space. Our doctor's office fit us in for an ultrasound first thing the next morning. Either way, do what you are comfortable with. And like some other ladies said, you can have heavy bleeding and still carry your baby. My mom thought she miscarried my brother, only to find out that he was a fraternal twin, so she had miscarried one, but still carried a healthy baby to term. Good luck and T&P to you!
  • Options

Having gone through 1st tri, 2nd and 2rd tri boards on here (it goes by fast ladies!) I recall lots of girls having bleeding, but also having normal healthy pregnancies. I had severe cramping through out my entire 1st and into my 2nd trimester. I hope all is ok, I remember the uncertainty that comes with those first weeks of pregnancy. GL to you!

On a side note....who the hell ave this post one star? Seriously? Thats F'd up!

• Options
    I'm sorry.....best wishes to you
  • Options
    GL.  This must be tough.  T & P to you and DH.
  • Options
    Just know there is nothing you can do to stop it.  be sure to rest yourself either way and take it easy.  your body is going through a lot.  i have the same thing going on and they're pretty sure i'm miscarrying.  my doctor ordered blood work every 48 hours to check my hcg levels to see if they're dropping or rising.  if you still can't get into the dr today, you may want to go to the er for some piece of mind.  it's being in limbo and not knowing that sucks (well it all sucks).  keep us updated and my thoughts are with you and your baby. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  Unfortunately, as of yesterday, I know how it feels.  You should still either go to the ER or go to the doctor first thing in the morning for an ultrasound.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    Go to the doctor or ER. ?
  • Options
    I will hope that everything is okay for you, you arein my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options

My T & Ps are with you

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday   tickers image image "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • Options
    My thoughts & prayers are with you.  Try to stay positive until you know for sure.  Lots of women have cramping & bleeding & go on to have a healthy baby.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this, and I hope everything will be okay.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  (((BIG HUGS)))
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"