Babies: 0 - 3 Months

completely random question...think Chicago will get the Olympics?

Living in Chicago, I am torn about whether I want this.  It is all over the news.  Just curious your thoughts?

Re: completely random question...think Chicago will get the Olympics?

• I hope not.  I am torn too.  I just don't think it is economically wise.  Chicago already has the highest tax in the country.  I avoid shopping in Cook County.  I will go out of my way for large purchases to pay a smaller tax%.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I lived in Chicago, I did a lot of my shopping in DuPage county so I could avoid the crazy taxes that way. I dunno, I think it could be a good thing and a bad thing. I worked with City Year in the Auburn-Gresham community and I think the little kids on the South side could definitely use something like that to be proud of, but at the same time... that's a ton of money. Sure, there would be a lot coming in from tourism, but it's hard to say where that'll balance out and where those profits will go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Looking at the 4 possible host cities, I can totally see it being Rio just because South America has gotten the shaft lately! The US got 1996 and 2002 (not to mention Canada in 2010), Europe in 2012 and 2014 and Asia in 2008. So that means that Chicago, Madrid and Tokyo are all on continents that have recently had Olympic games. But really, what do I know? Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"