Preemies
Options

Holy On the Charts Batman!!

Today the boys turned 18mos old actual and 15.5mos old adjusted. 

Cameron is 26lbs 2oz (60th percentile), 33.5" tall (80th percentile), and 49cm head circumference (80th percentile) for his ACTUAL age. 

Here's where I started sobbing in the doctor's office:  My little peanut Evan, who was born 1lb 7oz and 12" long, who's APGAR score at 1min was a 3 and at 5min was a 9 is finally on the charts for his ACTUAL age.  He's 22lbs 10.5oz (15th percentile), 31" tall (15th percentile), and 47.5cm for head circumference (40th percentile).  This is amazing because four months ago they were threatening to do an MRI and start talking about growth hormones if he didn't get on his own curve and if his head didn't start growing. 

The pedi was literally stunned when I told him that the boys were both walking and climbing.  I actually had to put the boys on the floor so he could see it for himself.  I'm so excited.

So for all you micro preemie moms, all you IUGR moms, for all of you struggling with a tiny peanut or three, they will grow and get bigger and beat the odds.  It will happen.  

((HUGS))

Now I'm going to have a glass of wine.

Re: Holy On the Charts Batman!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"