Blended Families
Options

If you have two babies (they can be older now)

what did you need or want for the second?  Trying to get ideas for gifts for my friend - of course you would think with my little ones I would not need to ask but figured I would get other's inputs.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: If you have two babies (they can be older now)

• Options

I've heard of people doing diapers/wipes, formula (if she is FF) or gift card only shower. It would be nice to have a sh!t load of that stuff stocked up..

If it were me I would get "essentials" that you can't reuse for a 2nd

• Options
    How far apart are the kids?

Click me, click me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only 25 months.  But she is a very close friend of mine and has always been very thoughtful with my kids.  DS already made the baby a Build-a-Bear and I have something small for her DD for when the baby is born.  And I bought a few books for the baby.  Now I want to think of something to give before the baby comes.
  • Options

Food.

Casseroles for the freezer, gift cards for food, promises of meals delivered.

- Jena
  • Options

I was asking mainly to think what she would have kept and what she would still need. I'm not one who thinks the second baby should get the brush off.

Honestly, I would talk to her about what she kept from her first baby and go from there. Some moms keep everything in which case diapers, wipes, and stuff like that would be most helpful while some moms gave away things as they didn't need them anymore, especially things like bouncy seats, outgrown clothes, etc. She likely still has the big ticket items though.

You know what's awesome, baby pictures. It's hard to find time or money for a second go round of pictures.

Click me, click me!
  • Options
    Pictures are a good idea! You could get her a package from a local photographer (1, 3, 6, 9, 1yr pictures) or something like that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A day at the spa... 'coupons' for babysitting...

the photographer thing is a great idea!  Maybe just do it as a 'general' gc unless you know they use someone in particular?

• Options
    imagejen5/03:

Food.

Casseroles for the freezer, gift cards for food, promises of meals delivered.

I like this idea alot!
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Options

I needed some clothes -- DS1 ruined most of his due to reflux so I was glad to get a couple packages of onesies & sleepers from my mom.  Also, things that they'll use up - diapers, wipes, formula, etc. 

Maybe get them a GC to WalMart/Target, etc so they can restock as needed?

Oh, and my grandma brought DS1 a toy when DS2 was born, and then both boys a toy when DS3 was born.  That was really cool.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• Options
    imagegoldenjes:

Oh, and my grandma brought DS1 a toy when DS2 was born, and then both boys a toy when DS3 was born.  That was really cool.

Yeah, she did this for my DS too, actually did it when they first visited DD and also for DDs Baptism (her DH is DDs Godfather.

Hind, I did not take the comment wrong, I figured you were tyring to guess what she would have.  I know she has kept everything that they liked and already replaced the other stuff like her stroller.

I know that her DD spit up all the time so I have a feeling she will find some stains there she might not have seen when she put the clothes away.  I am going to try to make her some bibs if I can find the time and maybe a taggies-type blanket too...maybe I need to Nest less so I have more free time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"