Baby Names
Options

How about Lainey?

Does it sound too little kiddish for when the child grows up?  I LOVE the name, but I'm afraid it will be perceived as too cutesy.

Re: How about Lainey?

• Options
    I do think it's too cutesy, but would be a good nn.  What about Delaney?  Milena?  Idk, brain's not really flowing!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Name her Laine or Lane! I have a friend named that and I think it's really pretty. She was Lainey when she was younger, and now she's grown up, married and an accountant and goes by Laine. I think she started introducing herself as Laine instead of Lainey when she went to college, and now everyone calls her Laine except for her Mom.. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooooh, I never really thought about Laine but I like it!  Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options

imageBNBB08:
    Ooooh, I never really thought about Laine but I like it!  Thanks for the suggestion!

I like this too, and especially the spelling with the "i" in it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love Laine or Laine.

I also really like Elena, Elaine or Delaney.

I have an aunt Elaine and her hubby calls her Lainey.

• Options
    I LOVE the name but it is personally ruined for me because I had a (literally) carzy roommate for a while name Lainey...she was more looney than anything else. 
  • Options
    My sorority lil sis was named Laney, I think it's cute.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options
    No
    Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • Options

I love it. My mn is Lane and so is my daughter's. I was called Laney when little. I still like it better than my fn but it is mostly family that still calls me that.  Go for it!!

Also, my niece is Alayana and we occasionally call her Laney too. 

Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    You could name her Alaina and call her Lainey as a nn
  • Options
    Friends of ours have an Elaine they call Lainey.
  • Options
    Our dd is Delaney and we call her Laney for short. 
  • Options
    It does sound cutesy, but not overly. I don't care for it though.
  • Options

It is really cute, I'd probably consider some of the longer names people have suggested- Delaney, Alaina, Elaine, Laine, etc. then she has the option of a more"formal/mature" name if she needs or want to go by that. I love Lainey too though. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think it is too cutesy AT ALL. I love Lainey. It is pretty and elegant. It doesn't sound like a cutesy name to me period.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options
    I like it. I'd go with Laine or Elaine though and then call her Lainey.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Yes, it sounds like a kid name.  I went to school with a girl named Laine and I thought it was the coolest name ever.  She was a very bright student as well...and has done very well for herself.  You could name her Laine (or Layne) and just call her Lainey when she was young.  I'm sure Laine's parents had nicknames for her.  We were in high school so no cutesie names by then...kwim?
  • Options
    My name is Lainie!  Well, my real name is Alaina, but I've always gone by Lainie.  I have never once felt like it was too cutesy - I love my name!
  • Options

I love it but probably because we use it on our daughter named Delaney. We call her Laney or Lanes...

My sis in law's sister is Elaine and everyone calls her Lainey..She is 24 yrs old and her grammy is also Elaine and Lainey for short and she is 68 yrs old..

• Options
    My friends named thier daughter Marlana and call her laney/lainey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"