Upstate NY Babies
Options

Lansinoh

So it turns out I am allergic to Lansinoh!  So that has been adding to my pain in breastfeeding and probably accounts for the constant burning while not breastfeeding.  She said she has only had 2 people in 20 years of being a LC that has been allergic to it.  So glad to be #3, haha.  But now I am hopeful to finally turn the corner with breastfeeding.  I stopped it Monday evening and already to redness is a lot less and the burning is gone, so that is so exciting!

Also - if anyone wants I have 4 small sample tubes (unopened) of lansinoh that I would be happy to mail you :)

Re: Lansinoh

• Options

I'm so glad you found out what was going on and I'm so sorry it took so long...

I hope BFing gets easier for you and LO now...Good Luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my!!  I'm so glad you figured that out and hopefully now you won't experience any pain.  BF was pretty painful for me too but I wasn't allergic to the cream...at least I don't think so...lol.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you also allergic to wool?

I never liked the lansinoh brand..but i aissume you are allergic to all lanolin?

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    i hope this helps you.  maybe breastfeeding will get better now.
  • Options
    I used the Medela brand in the hospital and it worked well.  I think that I have also turned the corner, as I do not get as sore. 
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, you poor thing!  I'm glad you got it all figured out, and hopefully things get a lot easier for you from here on out.  Also, major props to you for sticking with it, because I know how hard it is in the beginning, and I didn't have a lanolin allergy!
  • Options

Yes, it was actually the medela lanolin I have been using along with lansinoh.  I stopped all of it, I thought it was all the same thing.

And I am allergic to wool....and certain flowers and fragrances too :)  This reminds me I should be careful with LO - I had a lot of skin problems as a baby and child with detergents (Downy especially)

• Options
    yep.. wool allergy tends to equal a lanolin allergy, as that is where it comes from..  They told me that in my BFing class.. and I remember worrying, because i'm not sure if I'm ALLERGIC to wool, but I know certain kinds of sweaters definitely make my eyes itchy.. I didn't have a problem with the lanolin though.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Wow, that is really interesting.  They should have that info out there more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"