Working Moms
Options

Exercise plan, willing to share??

Ok mom's I started working out again last night, woohoo!! I actually enjoyed the time by myself just to do something for me. I never thought I would say that. Anyway I have an elliptical and a weight bench, I am in need of a workout plan. Does anyone have one they will share?

Re: Exercise plan, willing to share??

• Options

I don't really have a plan, but I aim to w/o 4x a week - 2 evenings after kids are in bed and 2 weekend days (or Friday when I WAH).  Min. 30 mins on elliptical or other aerobic exercise 3x a week and some sort of strength training 1x a week (even if that's just a yoga DVD).  I also try to fit in fun exercise, like bike rides and walks with the family wherever possible. 

It's not much, but it's all I can handle now.  I think this winter that I might sign up for a Zumba class 1x a week at the parks and rec.  I need that kind of committed day to exercise, especially in the winter!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

I lift weights and have found that it makes the biggest difference in the shortest amount of time. Go to exrx.net to find moves you can do with the weight bench you have at home. You may also want to get an exercise ball so you can do more moves. I workout 4x per week but do abs every day (in the morning I get up 10 minutes earlier and do them while watching the news). My motto is if I'm not sore the next day, then it wasn't a good enough workout. Once you stick with it for 2 weeks it will becomine a routine and you'll hopefully love it. I love working out and it gives me so much energy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"