Special Needs
Options

Squiggles support system

i read this board a lot but i don't think i have ever posted.  i read about the squiggles support system on isaac's blog and this seems to be something that would really help my son.  he is delayed with his head control and some body strength (he is 6 months old now).  we receive PT and exercise him ourselves.  he is progressing but this seems like something that would really help.

i was wondering where you purchased your product and how you dealt with it regarding your insurance (we do not have a supplementary insurance for him right now, just our policy).  i know every insurance is different; just wondering what avenues to consider in being able to afford one.

thanks!

Re: Squiggles support system

• Options

We got it through our Birth to Three/Early Intervention system.  Man I wish you lived in my state because I honestly could give it to you now because we have finally outgrown it!!   They seriously just recirculate the equipment like that between families around here who need them.  Does your son have EI services?  They ordered it through a company called National Seating and Mobility, and EI paid for it.  I'm just getting ready to give it to our PT to be recirculated!! 

It was so great in helping him learn to sit properly. It had so many different parts we used for different things - like a piece that was like soft lumbar support we put in his regular highchair to help him sit there, and the velcro strap that gave him just enough support when sitting. 

Hope this helps!!  I hope your EI does the same!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

thank you!

yes, he does receive state EI services.  i'll have to ask our PT about it.  i really hope we can get one that's recirculated! i never thought of that!

i really enjoy reading your blog..your son is so adorable!  

it's nice to be able to find resources and questions to ask the docs on here that i might not have thought of myself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the squiggles stander that both of my girls share.  It is awesome!  It really helps them learn to bear weight on their legs and it also supports them where they need it!

We didn't purchase ours, the girls are in First Steps (a state program in MO) who paid for it.  But I think it would definatly be something that's worth paying for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"