Parenting after 35

2 wk check up & navel cauterized ....

Went for the 2 week check up today, and Jackson is 9lb 9oz already!  I mentioned that even though he lost his umbilical cord stump about 2 weeks ago that his belly button was still oozing blood.  The pedi told me that he could seal it with Silver Nitrate, and after he assured me it wouldn't hurt him, he pulled out a matchstick looking thing and poked it all around in his navel.  It did look painful to me, but Jack didn't seem to care. 

Has anyone else's LO had this done?  Anything I need to look out for?

Also, the pedi prescribed Levsin (hyoscyamine) for J's crazy gas.  Anyone else taking this?  How is it working for you?

UPDATE - I'm not sure why - but he is PISSED OFF and crying non stop, like a high pitched scream cry.  He has even been sound asleep and then just started screaming.  I don't know if its the medicine or his belly button bothering him.  I have a feeling its gonna be a long night! Tongue Tied

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 wk check up & navel cauterized ....

• Oh poor thing! And you too! I hope he feels better soon.
  • I am so sorry. Finn went through a terrible growth spurt around that time, it was brutal. Anyway, we are doing the Levsin and I don't know if it is helping or not. His gas isn't as bad anymore but I don't know if it is from that or his prevacid or if his body is just maturing. Still doing it though, and dh spilled half the bottle. I am curious to know how it does for you. Hang in there, your son is just beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey Shell- we had one of those nights too. It's so scary. I hope you can get some sleep today. I'm definitely going to attempt it.
  • I have no experience with any of the things you mentioned. I hope your little man gets some rest today so that you can too!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Like Peeper, no experience with what you've mentioned but I hope that Jackson and you get some rest today!  And hopefully he's feeling better.

And good size! He's a bit bigger than Aaron was at his 2 week appt. (9 lb 5 oz).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"