Stay at Home Moms
Options

Double Strollers...Yes OR No?

Hello,

I am writing this to try to end a debate that my husband and I have been having for months! We have a 3 1/2 year old son, Bradley and are expecting our daughter 12-29-09....I think that getting a double stroller travel system would be a great buy for us...he on the other hand thinks the opposite. Can someone help us end this debate before she arrives!!! LOL PLEASE HELP!

Re: Double Strollers...Yes OR No?

• Options

I thought I'd want one right off the bat but honestly, for now at least, I find putting DD in a carrier and having DS in the single stroller is a god option. For now.

That being said, when DD outgrows the carrier I will utilize the double stroller much more. 

• Options
    With a 3 1/2 year old I definitely vote no. That's a bit old to be in a stroller in the first place.  I got a double stroller when DD #2 was born and DD #1 was about 21 months.  Even at that age I rarely wound up using it.  By the time DD #2 was about 6 months she was in the umbrella stroller... the double stroller was just too much of a hassle and DD #1 was doing ok walking on her own.   Before then most of the time I'd put DD #2 in a Baby Bjorn and let DD #1 either walk or ride. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At that age I'd probably use a carrier or have a stroller with a place for the older one to stand on like the buggy boards. 
  • Options
    I think with a 3 1/2 yo you could easily get away without a double stroller.... I can nearly do it with my 2 yo.  Sorry, I agree with your hubby! Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it depends on a bunch of factors.
    Do you walk a lot? Go for runs? Spend a lot of time at places where you would usually push DS? Does DS still enjoy the stroller?

I would probably look into buying a sit & stand model if you do go into the double route. I don't think you need a conventional double, but really I think it depends on your kid!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 13 month old. I use my double a lot. My 3 year old doesn't always sit in it but it is nice to have the option. We tried a joovy and my 3 year old hated it. So i got a combi double side by side and it is awesome. So lightweight to get in and out of the car. I love it. Some 3 1/2 year olds love being in the stroller. it really depends on what type of kid you have.
  • Options

I haven't read the responses, but a similar debate happened in our house when our son was born. 

Our compromise was that I bought a used Graco double stroller on Craigslist for $50.  We use it about once a month (or less) so this was a smart way to go rather than shelling out for a new one.  I use my single a lot though -- my older DD can walk by herself most places and is good about staying with me.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"