Breastfeeding
Options

Bm storage bags

I just started freezing my milk yesterday and when I filled up the bag I put 6 oz in it but after I sealed the bag it looked like there was more than 6 oz in there. This is normal right? It won't leak will it? Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bm storage bags

• Options
    There are often discrepancies in the ounce markings between pumping bottles, bags and other storage containers.  It shouldn't leak, however, unless your LO takes 6 ounces in a bottle at a time you should probably store in smaller quantities.  It will help with waste since once it's defrosted pumped breastmilk has to be used within 24 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGypsyEsq:
    There are often discrepancies in the ounce markings between pumping bottles, bags and other storage containers.  It shouldn't leak, however, unless your LO takes 6 ounces in a bottle at a time you should probably store in smaller quantities.  It will help with waste since once it's defrosted pumped breastmilk has to be used within 24 hours.

See, I disagree with that because the bags are so expensive, so I store10 to 11 oz in one bag which will make two bottles up for the sitter. I only thaw them in a glass so if it burst in water, then it won't be wasted. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I always store 6oz in a bag and like pp use it to make multiple bottles.

I find that there is usually a 0.5 - 1 oz difference in the reading of the bag vs the bottle. I go off what the bottle said.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"