Secondary IF
Options

First Clomid Cycle

Hi girls - I mostly lurk, but we are planning to start our first Clomid cycle next week.  Any tips, suggestions, helpful hints?  I'm so nervous.  We (fortunately) did not have to use meds or any procedures to get pregnant with DD, so I'm a total newbie when it comes to IF treatments.  I was dx with PCOS in the spring, so I've learned a lot since then, but it's still somewhat foreign to me!

Wish us luck! :) 

Re: First Clomid Cycle

• Options

I always take it at night before bed to minimize any side effects, and have been lucky to never have any side effects.

Make sure your doc is doing some type of monitoring whether it is u/s, blood work, etc.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Because of where I live I do Clomid without monitoring but it def helpful to have it done.

I also take my meds right before bed so minimize the s/e. The first time around I think I had pretty much every one but I am on cycle1 this time and only had cramping.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My best advice is to try and take it as easy as possible.  Clomid always did a number on me.  Just expect the unexpected and try not to worry.  Make sure your doctor is doing blood work and checking for follies.  Also OPK's while not always accurate are a good thing b/c some ladies on Clomid O later than they would think.

GL!  Don't be a stranger Wink

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

I didn't like taking it at night since I had horrible insomnia, I preferred morning, but thats just me. I'm sure you have heard this but take it at the same time (give or take about a 1/2 hour if you need to) everyday. 

Goodluck and hope you have a good cycle with no s/e!!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    It really hampers my sleeping so, I take it first thing in the morning. Hot flashes and headaches are pretty common.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!  I'm anxious to get going on this next cycle! :)  I'll try to post more often too!
  • Options
    Ditto the great dvice, and good luck!
  • Options
    Ditto the great advice, and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"