Adoption
Options

Dr. L -- how was your meeting?

I'm curious how your profile meeting went yesterday.  :)
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Dr. L -- how was your meeting?

• Options

Great! And when I said that, DH said, "Would you expect otherwise?" ;)

We went over a lot of information, reviewed some profiles (good and bad, she talked about some of the things we should include/not include, DH took good notes), and watched some of the DVDs. Our agency only has a 2-page profile, and we also do a short video to introduce ourselves to e-families. So we talked about that. And we showed her our collection of photos we wanted to use. She was impressed with them and gave us some guidance on which ones would work best. We got the impression that this should be pretty straightforward.

We had a list of fairly tough questions for our SW that she wasn't expecting, but I'm glad we asked them, and we were happy with her responses.

So basically we get to start putting the profile pages together ASAP, which appeals to the beginner scrapbooker in me :)

• Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

We had a list of fairly tough questions for our SW that she wasn't expecting, but I'm glad we asked them, and we were happy with her responses.

I'm glad your meeting went well, if you don't mind me asking, what were some of the tough questions you asked? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelilmufish:
    imageDr.Loretta:

I'm glad your meeting went well, if you don't mind me asking, what were some of the tough questions you asked? 

I posted a freak-out a month or 2 ago that we were hearing some not-so good things about our agency, and decided then that we should take them with a grain of salt but discuss them with our SW. She apparently doesn't see a lot of this information online, so she didn't know that this stuff was floating out on the Internet.

Actually, the question that threw her off the most was about what happened if a birthmom died during childbirth having already made an adoption plan. She has to check into that for us.

• Options

I just wanted to say that I'm so glad that your meeting went well.  That's neat that they have you make a video, too.  Do they tape it for you at the office or how does that work?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageArt Teacher:

I just wanted to say that I'm so glad that your meeting went well.  That's neat that they have you make a video, too.  Do they tape it for you at the office or how does that work?

We go to whatever office has the next batch of video times scheduled, and do it then/there. Basically we can talk for up to 15 minutes, and the guy edits it down to a 3-5 minute video

While we were told that most APs dread it, the video seems to be very effective in helping e-moms decide on a family, and in a weird way I'm kind of looking forward to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"