Minnesota Babies

C section belly

will it ever go away? its knd of saggy right now im 5 weeks pp

Re: C section belly

• For some it goes away, for most (from what I've heard anyway), they always have a little "pouch". I think a lot of it has to do with how you heal. If you get enough of your core muscle use back, it would make a huge difference.

I'm not one to give advice. I'm almost 9 months pp and have had the hardest time losing the pregnancy weight. 9 pounds to go (then a long way after that to get healthy). The pouch is not that horrible though, just a little sag going on.

Ashley & Christian
  • I didn't have a c-section but I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight about 9 days pp and I still am jiggly in the mid section, I think it really has to do with how you get your ab muscles back in shape.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a small pouch after my first c-section but I wasn't exactly skinny before hand either.  I think it really depends on your body type.  I'll be having another c-section in a few weeks and am hoping i don't get a bigger one :)
  • My expectations were not well managed on this issue.  I definitely didn't plan on leaving the hospital 6 months pregnant, and I also didn't expect to still wear maternity clothes 3 months pp either.  Mine isn't so much saggy as pouch-like.  I think my body as a whole changed, though, so I doubt I'll ever return to the shape I once was.
  • I used a post partum wrap thing and it's pretty much gone now.  I think it DEFINITELY helped, would highly recommend it.  I still have some extra weight but it's not really saggy.
  • 7 weeks pp and I still get some swelling around my incision, and i an still a little pouchy, but I haven't started doing sit ups or anything yet.  I still have 7 lbs to loose too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I am 5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and still have a roll of fat above my incision. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're only 5 weeks out.  Give yourself some time.  You haven't even been in for your 6 weeks check up.  It all takes awhile, your stomache muscles were severed.  Be patient and try not to worry about it right now.  I know I felt pretty good at 5 months pp b/c I went on vacation and wore a swimsuit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"