Baby Showers
Options

A group of us girls were asked to do an shower for her

by her mother. THEN we find out she had a family shower, our friend shower, and a church shower. Kinda aggitated that we were even asked since she is having 3 showers!!! By the way we did her shower last week then got the church shower invitation after that one was over!

Re: A group of us girls were asked to do an shower for her

• Options
    It wouldn't have been too tacky if her mom asked you because she felt bad if there was no room at the other two to include her friends, but to invite you to the church shower after you hosted on for her is just plain rude!!! Someone needs to teach that mom-to-be some manners!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageteakum:

by her mother. THEN we find out she had a family shower, our friend shower, and a church shower. Kinda aggitated that we were even asked since she is having 3 showers!!! By the way we did her shower last week then got the church shower invitation after that one was over!

Ugh!  I'd give my regrets and not go.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageteakum:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenorthtamarack:
    imageteakum:

Ditto this 100%. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Wow... I can't believe her mother asked you all to host another shower when she was already having two!!! Crazy!
  • Options

OMG I'd be pissed that A) her mommy asked you to do it and B) you got an invite after hosting said shower.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is not active in church, they just do it if you are a member. and I honestly think both mom to be and grandmom to be are getting a little gift grab crazy over this.
  • Options
    Her mom asking you to host a shower for friends is one thing...but you should not have been invited to another shower.  She can have 3 showers...I did for my first DD...but no one was invited to more than one shower.  Did she (the mom) know her DD was going to have 3 showers?  Were any of the showers a surprise to the mom-to-be?  The only scenario I can think of (that wouldn't sound greedy) is if she didn't know about the shower you were hosting and gave the names to the host of the church shower...before she knew about your shower.  Otherwise it sounds very greedy.  It's not like you are a bridesmaid being invited to all the bridal showers.
  • Options
    I think it's odd that the mother even asked you to host a shower.  I can't imagine my mom doing that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"