Working Moms
Options

I survived my first day back

It was tough to leave DS in the morning and I snuck out at lunch to see him as well. After lunch the day went by faster and I couldn't get home quick enough to hold him.

DH sent motivating texts to me during the day with photos of the private school we hope he can attend and the addition we are building so DS can have a playroom.

I cried on the phone to my friends while pumping but I was able to keep it together once I was working.

It really is true that the build up to going back to work is worse than actually going back. I miss all of the alone cuddle time we had and I will just try to get more during the weekend.

The worst is DS is only awake for about an hour when I get back so if I am ever late then he will probably be asleep.

Re: I survived my first day back

• Options
    Congrats and hang in there!  You have such a little one.  The next few months with be tough at times, but it does get better!
  • Options
    First off, your little boy is adorable!  I only get about an hour with my LO's at the end of the day too and that is the worst, but it sounds like your DH and friends are super supportive (which helps)!  It doesn't necessarily get easier, but it does become more routine...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good to hear! 

You'll fall into more of a routine as you go along and your son will begin to stay awake longer the older he gets.  Being a working mom really does help me appreciate the evenings and the weekends with DD that much more. 

Now with number 2 on the way, I'm wondering how I'll split my time once I have 2 kids and home and working full-time.  I know it's just the hormones though and everything will be fine!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went back to work yesterday too.  It is super hard and I feel for you.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it went smoothly!
  • Options
    It'll never be easy but it will be worth it. You have goals to achieve so you have a purpose too! It's good to have the support and a DH who understands how tough this is for you. You'll get a pattern and as he gets a little older, you'll find you have more time with him. My DD is at an inhome center so she can sleep and eat whenever she wants without a set schedule. I've always taken advantage of that by letting her stay up later than I would if she were in a scheduled center. If she stays up late, then I take her to the sitters in her PJs and pack her breakfast. Whatever it takes for those extra moments!
  • Options
    It was torture for me to go back to work. I cried for the whole 2 weeks before i started my job but it does get easier i promise u.
  • Options
    Yay you did it!  As he gets older, his bedtime can be pushed back so you can spend more time with him.  DD goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and we get about 3 hours with her at night during the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"