Baby Showers

when to register

when did you all register for your baby shower and how far from your due date did you plan the actual shower? i have no idea when to get this all started.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when to register

• I still haven't registered and I'm 33 weeks.  I think after you're into your 2nd trimester, it's ok to register.  If you plan on finding out the sex, register after you find out.  You'll have to keep checking it though because alot of stuff will get pulled from stores because the season will change or recalls etc.

I'll be 37 weeks at my shower.  I didn't want to have it so late but it didn't work any other weekend.  It was originally suppose to be when I was 34 weeks.  I think sometime between 30 and 35 weeks is good.

GL! SmileSmile

• Becca Mac, you really need to get on it! people will not know what to get you for your shower if you dont register

as for the original poster - you can register now if you want, you will change things around a hundred million times before announcing your registry via your invites, so might as well get started, and dont be frustrated when things are out of stock, temporarily unavailable , etc from your registry, it has happened to me even with newly added items.  

• Loading the player...
  • thank you for the input :)
  • i registered right when i found out the sex of the baby - only because i knew i wasnt going to want to walk around all the stores and do everything any further along... so id say i was around 20 weeks when i registered and i had my shower when i was 30 weeks
  • I'm having my shower when I will be about 28-29 weeks so I will register about 4wks b4 that. I was gonna do it at 18wks when I found out what I was having,I just haven't had time yet
  • I registered at about 20 weeks once we knew what we were having.  :)
  • We registered early, like week 12 I think, but no one knew about it. It was more for me to work on and research everything before people started looking at it. I did all the registering online, so I first went through and picked out what was cute, then researched it to make sure it was the best price and quality, so a lot of stuff ended up being changed. For our wedding we registered a month after getting engaged, and the wedding was a year away, but it gave me time to change things, and update if anything was discontinued. I don't see what the big deal is about registering early, since it's not like anyone is looking for it until they get the shower invite with the information on it. It's just nice to do it a little at a time, and not get overwhelmed by walking into a store and having to scan everything. 

As for the showers, my first one was last Saturday and the next one is Oct 17th. I can't imagine doing it at 35 weeks or more! I was uncomfortable enough bending over to open all the gifts with out adding another 5 weeks growth. It will also give us almost two months to organize and buy anything we need that we didn't get.

• We started to register a couple of weeks after finding out the sex of the baby (about 22 weeks).  I say started because it is a process that can be overwhelming.  You are not going to be able to walk in there and finish it in one day.  One trip I focused on strollers, another trip on high chairs, etc.  My shower is this weekend at 34 weeks.  We planned for it to be somewhere between 32-36 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We registered the weekend after we found out what we were having, around week 21.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"