Adoption

Court date for pre-birth consent

We're going to court on Wednesday (!!!) for our birthmom to sign her pre-birth consent in front of the judge -- and then for us to appear before him to apply to pay for additional post-birth expenses (she only previously applied for pre-birth expenses).  She has 5 days post-birth to revoke, so this isn't final (in case anyone was ready with their flame throwers)!

She is also signing a consent for the nursery so we can come and go without her present (she's requested to be on a separate floor from mother/baby), a HIPAA authorization so the hospital can provide us with medical updates on the baby, and a Power of Attorney so we can make medical decisions for the baby should we need to.

Six weeks from today is the scheduled c-section!  We had an u/s today and baby is measuring right at 33 weeks, although birthmom is only measuring 29 weeks (4 weeks behind in size is pretty significant I thought!) -- everything looks healthy and she weighs 4 lbs 7 oz.  Her heart, kidneys, and spine all looked great, so we're really excited and looking forward to meeting her in person.  We may get more ultrasounds since the birthmom is measuring so far behind, but otherwise, things are just great!

Re: Court date for pre-birth consent

• Looks like things are falling into place. GL with court and can't wait to hear more!
  • Wow! She will be here before you know it! I hope all goes smoothly and that time passes quickly!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Loading the player...
  • Before you know it your daughter will be home. Good luck with court and I hope that everything unfolds nicely from here on out!! I just love good news!!!
  • WOW!! What exciting news...it's great that so much can be prepared and arranged ahead of time:)  She'll be here and home b/f you know it!!
  • The next six weeks will at times seem to crawl by and at others will seem to fly by!

Best wishes with the court date!

• Best of luck in court!  I am so happy that everything is falling into place for you guys.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, what big steps!  I'm glad that things are moving forward so smoothly for you.  Best of luck as the process continues!
  • So exciting!!  It's so close!

Don't worry too much about her measuring 4 weeks behind.  They measure the fundal height (basically your belly from pelvic bone to where ever the top of the uterus is while the mother lays on her back, measured in cm) and depending on how the baby is positioned the day they measure, the mother can measure ahead or behind. 

At this point in pregnancy the ultrasound that measures the baby is more accurate than the fundal height.  A lower than expected fundal height can be caused by how the mother carries the baby or what her frame is like (if she is tall or thin), if she has well developed ab muscles, or if the baby has already begun the descent into the pelvis.  These are more likely than the negative things (restricted growth, low fluid levels, or breech baby) if the ultrasound is showing everything looks good!

Good luck and keep us updated!

• Sally -- thank you!  That is the first description of the difference in measurements I've received!  The NP she sees has been stunned every week that she keeps falling further and further behind (fundal), you'd think she would know that too.  I'm relieved.  :)
  • Congrats hope things go well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"