Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

ugh, no safety seal on milk

I bought a 4L (err gallon?) of milk yesterday for DS.  DH finished off the old one and went to grab the new one.  He asked if I'd opened it, I know I didn't.  Damnit, we dumped it all down the drain and gave DS our skim for tonight.  I am so annoyed.  I don't want to have to go all the way to the store to get my money back, plus I don't have a reciept so who knows if they even will.  The last jug I had went sour and clumpy like a good 10 days before the date and we'd only used maybe 1/3 of it.

Would you have used it?  Am I just paranoid?

Re: ugh, no safety seal on milk

• Options
    Our milk doesn't have a safety seal, just the twist off cap thing. ::shrugs::
  • Options
    No, I would have never used it.  I'd go back to the store, too.  I know most grocery stores are good about these kinds of things.  They'll probably let you swap it out for another one instead of getting your money back.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope, I would have dumped it.  I don't think that's being paranoid, that's why there is a safety seal!  :)

Sooooo. . .did you mix the skim with yogurt?

That was you right?

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Options
    kir that was me :)  And a few other nesties fessed up to it too remember!  I thought about it, but I only have blueberry yogurt this time and that is tooo chunky.
  • Options
    mrs L- there isn't a pull tab on the cap? 
  • Options

imageBrookie-Cookie:

Like the plasticy foil stuff? Nope.

Ours (from Target and our grocery store) just has the twist off cap that detaches from the "ring" the first time you open it. Nothing between the cap and the milk. 

• Options
    You did the right thing in my book. If it was sealed some way I would have dumped it too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <3 Watching the snow <3 <br> Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"
  • Options

We use cartons but if it were me, I would not use it. I would call the store tonight or first thing in the a.m. though.

I would think they would let you take another one if you bring the empty jug in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsL.inMarch:

imageBrookie-Cookie:

Like the plasticy foil stuff? Nope.

Ours (from Target and our grocery store) just has the twist off cap that detaches from the "ring" the first time you open it. Nothing between the cap and the milk. 

yes, the plastic ring thing that attaches to the cap.  it wasn't there.  DH went to pull it off and it was MIA when neither of us had opened it up.  Naturally I assume that some sicko pulled it off and put arsenic in the milk.

• Options
    No, I wouldn't have used it.  I would have done the same thing as you.
  • Options

No, you did the right thing. I wouldn't have used it.  Unless there was some freak incident and that particular jug didn't get one, it means someone opened it.

Take it back...even with no receipt, the sell by date would be on the carton and they could tell you bought it recently.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBrookie-Cookie:

yes, the plastic ring thing that attaches to the cap.  it wasn't there.  DH went to pull it off and it was MIA when neither of us had opened it up.  Naturally I assume that some sicko pulled it off and put arsenic in the milk.

Gotcha, I was picturing like a seal over the actually opening for some reason, not just a cap. And yes, I would imagine someone dropped rat poison in the milk as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"