Preemies
Options

**jkipp82**

What dose of domperidone were you taking to increase your milk supply?  I'm discussing options with my OB Wednesday and I'm trying to get all my info together.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **jkipp82**

• Options
    20mg 4xday
    (I'm still taking it...will probably start weaning soon since I'm SOOO close to having enough supply!!  Actually - now that I went back to BF'ing instead of just pumping...I think there's enough..woohoo!!! Though he's been VERY cranky lately...I hope it's constipation and not hunger...)
  • Options

How much did it help?  I've been hospitalized twice since delivery and have been on some serious antibiotics to battle a staph infection...all of that has just about wiped my supply out completely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, I've been doing a lot of things (eating oatmeal, made lactation cookies, drinking lots of water, power pumping sessions, etc.) but I attribute most of it to the domperidone and it about doubled my supply.  Though that's not saying a LOT...I went from getting 1-1.5 oz per session to 2-3oz per session (occassionally 4...like early morning!).  However, now that I went back to BFing...he seems to be satisfied, and I'm STILL getting 2oz pumping after..

I would suggest the oatmeal though also - that seems to have contributed a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"