North Carolina Babies
Options

temperature question...

When John was smaller the pedi said that if we used the thermometer under his arm that we needed to add a degree. Anyone know if this is still true for a 2yo? I called his nurses line and she didn't know.

Also, can you rec your ear thermometer?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: temperature question...

• Options

My pedi says you don't have to add a degree, buy daycare does.  I have not been able to find concrete evidence that you do, and trust me, I've looked.

We have the Braun Ear thermometer and really like it.  I have been able to get accurate temps with it and love how fast it is.  Eli even likes to play with it and take everybody's temp!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We also have a Braun ear thermometer but only use it if I suspect that DD has a fever. If that reads high then I take it rectally... that's what our pedi asks for.

There was some talk about ear thermometers last week... I am never real sure how accurate it is since DD is usually not happy about having it done so fights me. Evans said she took her temp 4 times and got 4 different numbers.

I have no idea about the temp under the arm... kind of weird to me that the nurse didn't know the answer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The way I remember it (and I think I read it in Baby 411) is that an under the arm temp is 1 degree below and a rectal temp is 1 degree above.  Meaning, that a normal temp taken under the tongue is 98.6, so a normal under the arm would be 97.6 and a normal rectal would be 99.6.  I've never had much luck with the ear thermometers, I still do a rectal temp on the girls.  I tried doing it under the arm, and they just asked me to do it "in my bottom".  My pedi still asks for a rectal temp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"