Minnesota Babies

Hello!

Hi ladies.  My name is Becky and I usually post over on Getting Pregnant.  Just moved to Apple Valley from Roseville and I'm looking for a new OB GYN.  Not pregnant yet, but I would like have someone for when I am plus I am due here in a couple of months for a yearly.  I really need some recs for somone and I don't know many people in my area.  I've had some really bad doctors in the past and decided to not just go with the first person that comes up on my search list!  Anyone in the southside that can help me out?  Thanks so much!

Re: Hello!

• My OB/GYN is in Minnetonka, so probaby a bit too far.  I delivered at Fairview Southdale and had an excellent experience there, so I'd maybe look into an OB/GYN who admits their patients there. 

If you're looking for just a family practice doctor, Apple Valley Medical Center is great (specifically Dr. Diede).  I've gone there since I was a child, but they don't do deliveries anymore. 

Good luck TTC!

• I live in Blaine but drive down to Shoreview to the Generations Womens Health Center because I just love the clinic. It's right off of Lexington and County Rd E. Dr. France is the OB/GYN there. There are also 4 midwives which I go to. Joanie the nurse there is awesome. I haven't seen Dr. France but everyone else in the clinic is amazing so I'm sure she is also. It's a small clinic but they have everything there, ultrasound, etc. I feel like I can call anytime and get a quick response and talk directly to Joanie or a provider. Good luck!

1030 County Rd E West
    Shoreview MN 55126
    651 490-0433 phone

https://www.generations-whc.com/index.html

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Apple Valley as well. I have HealthPartners, and there is a clinic right down the street from me, but I felt more comfortable sticking with the clinic in St. Paul and delivering at Regions. I've gone there my whole life and actually was familiar with Regions.
    Ashley & Christian
  • I live right on the AV/Lakeville border.  I go to Southdale OBGYN in Burnsville, and see Dr. Meschke.  If you are just looking for a GP, I have really liked Fairview Cedar Ridge.
  • I go to North Metro Midwives. I dont know if you are interested in having a midwife but these women are great. You would deliver at North Memorial. There are three midwives at the clinic. I love Kathrine. She is great. They all really listen to you and your concerns. They seem to know what I need before I do when I am in labor. I have used them for three births so far and all yearly checks. They also were very helpful when I had a m/c. And if you are worried about being high risk or anything, they are backed by Oakdale OB GYN. That is a great clinic for high risk pregnancies. You can call North Metro Midwives at 763-520-2211 if you have any questions about them. I recomend them to all my friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"