Houston Babies
Options

What a night! Darth Vadar, the E.R....

First off, my huge apologies to anyone at the Foodie GTG yesterday.  I honestly, 1000% thought Joseph was just teething since he didn't have fever, or colored congestion, etc. 

Anyway, after we got home, the Darth Vadar breathing got way worse and he started turning blue around his mouth.  We took him to TCH at about 9:30 last night and they got him in a room almost immediately.  They did a breathing treatment and steroid injection to reduce inflammation in his airways.  We were there almost all night.  It is pretty scary to watch the monitors and see your kids oxygen level and pulse be flashing red.  :(

They did not mention flu, RSV, pneumonia or anything other than croup.  Avery has showed no signs of being sick.

He is out of daycare today and tomorrow and is seeing his pedi right now.  So far, he seem much better now that he can breathe again - yeah, that breathing thing is kind of important.

I was super impressed with TCH.  They got us in a room almost immediately - we were in the waiting room for less than 2 minutes.  Everyone was super nice.  We awesomely forgot to grab the diaper bag on our way out since Avery was melting down, Joseph couldn't breathe and I was freaking out.  They were great and gave us supplies, checked on us frequently etc.  

Lucky for us, a friend of ours was over and kept Avery so K and I could both go.

Again, I am so sorry for bringing him around anyone.  :(  

imageimage
Pics by Fleurish Imagery

Re: What a night! Darth Vadar, the E.R....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"