North Carolina Babies

Re: Snarky and TTTC board?

• Options

um, wow. Indifferent

thanks for the backstory, lee... i read the description at the top by the nest gods and that's a massive fail.  snark isn't always humor...

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

Wow, that's crazy.  I'm surprised the Nest/Bump/whatever would do that.

LOL @ Snarky & NC Babies.  Maybe they could create Snarky trimester boards and Nice trimester boards, Snarky & Nice baby boards, etc.  That'd be sooo much fun. Confused

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is just dumb, ridiculous, and stupid.  I can't believe the nest gods gave into that.

And the whole division of TTTC girls is stupid too.  There was only one board when I needed it and I thought we all got along just fine.  I do agree with the SAIF board and the Secondary IF board.  Those make sense.  The others are dumb.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How new is this board?  It's history goes back a way?  Or did they bring threads over from one of the old TTTC boards?

• Options
    Wait, so there's now TTTC, IF, and Snarky TTC?  How do you know where you belong?  The descriptions don't give any info. 

• Options

Who are they going to snark at, each other? ?I always thought that those who liked to snark had their fun picking at people they thought were stupid and didn't like. ?I doubt people are going to go there to be their sacrificial lambs, but who knows?

I think it is a dumb idea overall.?

• Options
    When I was TTC I went on the BOTB board first and asked a random question about getting maternity insurance and I couple girls  laid into me about TTC without insurance and all kinds of crap.  They made me feel awful and I stopped coming on these boards for awhile after that.  It was stupid but later I realized the ones being the "snarkiest" are a few who now are on snarky and TTTC.  So it definitely fits!  At least people entering that board are being warned.  Confused
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsmikey:
    How new is this board?  It's history goes back a way?  Or did they bring threads over from one of the old TTTC boards?

Not a new board at all.  I actually pop over there from time to time to see what they are up to.  Many of the "founders" were on the GP board when I was.  They started by overtaking an existing board b/c the nest wouldn't let them have their own board--I think they took over the BFP story board or the birth story board??  They eventually got their original name--TTC 6+ mos.  A board for those beyond the basics of TTC but also not IF.

They became a very tight knit group of ladies (who yes, allow others in with the correct disposition for their snark) who have stuck together for the most part. The board name changed along the way--12 mos +, 24 mos +, and now the snark and TTTC. Several have had kid(s), some are now pregnant (AKA KTFU), and some continue with TTTC and/or IF.  They used to (don't know about now) not really focus a ton on TTTC on the board although it certainly is there.  Throughout it all they have had their snark and it's sort of part of the identity of the board.  And yes, they are snarky to each other.  :)  I guess the nest decided to publicly acknowledge the snark??

I'm no expert on the board at all but that's the history I know!

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"